What should I charge for bouncy balls?

PerformaVending

After reading a lot of good stuff on this forum, I've found most (if not all of you) reccomend starting your toys and novelties at 50 cents. However, would that include 27 mm (1-inch) bouncy balls? The reason I ask is because I have a Northwestern super 60 globe that I've been running bouncy balls out of for a long time, and I'd love to move the price up to 50 cents. I just don't want my sales to suffer. A rival is vending 1.3 inch balls for 50 cents out of a similar machine at the opposite end of the store, so I'd hate to lose the sales to him. I already have a Northwestern 50 cent mechanism, and can slot it next time I service the machine. Any advice on this one?

I think starting locations with .50 on everything except gumballs is a smart decision and probably the only way to be profitable. In your situation I think you will just have to try it out for a month or so and decide what is best for your business. Every location is different and you will never know until you give it a try at .50 cents.

When you say 1.3 bb's I assume your talking about. 32mm, if so and the comp is vending them at. 50 then you vending 27mm at. 50 cents would be a mistake.

Really? Yes, you are right, they are 32 mm (A sales guy called them that when I first got into vending, and it stuck with me for some reason). Tha machines are at opposite ends of a rather large JC Pennys, and both seem to entertain a fiar ammount of buisiness as is. I'm just wondering what's the best course of action: move up to 50 cents, or stick at 25 cents. To break it down even further, I'm using a mix called "Fancy" so I have all sorts of varieties, including clear and pool balls, where as his are all solid colors. Thanks for all the input guys!

Really? Yes, you are right, they are 32 mm (A sales guy called them that when I first got into vending, and it stuck with me for some reason). Tha machines are at opposite ends of a rather large JC Pennys, and both seem to entertain a fiar ammount of buisiness as is. I'm just wondering what's the best course of action: move up to 50 cents, or stick at 25 cents. To break it down even further, I'm using a mix called "Fancy" so I have all sorts of varieties, including clear and pool balls, where as his are all solid colors. Thanks for all the input guys!

You have a toy machine in a JC Pennys that is selling out each month?

How did you get a JC Pennys?

You have a toy machine in a JC Pennys that is selling out each month?

How did you get a JC Pennys?

Well, sell out is a strong word. I probably go through 30 to 50 balls a month, give or take. The winter months are better than summer months for sure. I got in after talking to the manager- he already had a vendor, but was willing to let me set up at the "back" entrance with no issues. Usually, I get the corporate runnaround- "call so and so" or "corporate has to approve this or that" but he had me install this setup right away. Just lucky I guess.

Archived