Stolen Machines

sweetstop

Servicing today in one of my towns and had 2 machines stolen and they were $40+ locations

I am getting footage of one of the thefts from a locations security. Will be letting police know ASAP

This really ticks me off, scary thing is I am sure as i go I will find more of the same.

not the greatest start to a new route purchase.

Servicing today in one of my towns and had 2 machines stolen and they were $40+ locations

I am getting footage of one of the thefts from a locations security. Will be letting police know ASAP

This really ticks me off, scary thing is I am sure as i go I will find more of the same.

not the greatest start to a new route purchase.

Since this is a new route could it be the person you bought from? Two in one day is awfully strange.

I thought that on the first one

then at the 2nd location the manager said they stole 2 machines and the girl was in to service the other one a few days ago and it was gone also.

They said they looked back at the security footage and saw 2 or 3 guys carrying them out the front door.

Those are lighter than some machines, but I can't imagine someone would want to steal them. Seems like a lot of work for a minimal payoff. See if the old operator is up to no good. Keep a lookout in case the thieves try to sell them on Craigslist or eBay- you might catch them this way (I've caught a guy this way). Follow up with law enforcement and see if you can track your machines down. Good luck finding them Sweetstop!

thanks

yes I filed a police report.

I'll keep an eye on craigslist. my thought is just for drug money and theres probably a pile of busted vending machines behind someones house somewhere.

in both cases so far they were right next to the door.

when I replace them I will make sure the owner allows me to move them in more closley to staff.

I pretty sure its not the old owner, he is a local business owner and thats quite a risk on his part for an old $50 used machine.

i dought they even look for them

one was a thrift store then other was a used sporting goods store both locs pruduce $40+ a month consistantly.

as far as poor areas it was our down town area so if there is a bad area that would be it.

when I had my old route I never tried to get locs around there but when I bought this new route he had about 30 machines in the down town area so I knew it might be risky. good news is I have a pile

of machines in my basement and will just replace them.

That sucks. Hey I realized you are the guy i buy labels from. I'll purchase some more soon.

hey your right! haha, I have bought a bunch of labels from him as well. Awesome labels btw, I left you rep on ebay :)

i dought they even look for them

one was a thrift store then other was a used sporting goods store both locs pruduce $40+ a month consistantly.

as far as poor areas it was our down town area so if there is a bad area that would be it.

when I had my old route I never tried to get locs around there but when I bought this new route he had about 30 machines in the down town area so I knew it might be risky. good news is I have a pile

of machines in my basement and will just replace them.

You may have chain those machines down to keep them from walking out the door. This would deter them from doing it again.

Archived