Do you think this is a good deal for used machines

thenewguy

so I'm totally brand new to bulk vending and my first purchase were the vendstars 9 for 200 bucks

I have been reading how bad these machines are so I've been searching for some better ones to replace them when they are torn up

I came across someone on craigs list with 1800 vend machines for sale

she actually wants to sell the whole route but I only need a few machines

Do you guys think that 125 per 1800 vend is a good deal

she said she would give me extra bins and extra parts too

so I'm totally brand new to bulk vending and my first purchase were the vendstars 9 for 200 bucks

I have been reading how bad these machines are so I've been searching for some better ones to replace them when they are torn up

I came across someone on craigs list with 1800 vend machines for sale

she actually wants to sell the whole route but I only need a few machines

Do you guys think that 125 per 1800 vend is a good deal

she said she would give me extra bins and extra parts too

No. I would offer $60-75/machine.

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting 9 vendesign macines for 500 and have two pick up 6 more for 300

I kinda like the machines but it takes a lot of candy to fill those bad boys up

the lady with the 1800 vend machines would not go down on the price and she is still posting them on craigslist

I ended up getting 9 vendesign macines for 500 and have two pick up 6 more for 300

I kinda like the machines but it takes a lot of candy to fill those bad boys up

the lady with the 1800 vend machines would not go down on the price and she is still posting them on craigslist

When filling your machines with product at new locations, I would fill only about 1/4 to 1/2 full until you find out much you are selling. Go back to location in a week and see what kind of sales you are doing and then you can adjust accordingly. This is to keep cost and waste down. Never fill cannisters full unless they warrant it.

When filling your machines with product at new locations, I would fill only about 1/4 to 1/2 full until you find out much you are selling. Go back to location in a week and see what kind of sales you are doing and then you can adjust accordingly. This is to keep cost and waste down. Never fill cannisters full unless they warrant it.

I learned this the hard way. My "Hot Tamales" got hard over time and basically became an immobile mass inside of my old Vendstar last summer. The cleanup was unpleasant, and the financial loss was disheartening to say the least. Another thing to consider is psychology- Strange as it is, people are more likely to buy candy from a machine 3/4 full of candy, than one that's full. The reasoning is that other people have used the candy in that machine, and is therefore "safe" by herd mentality. Whether you believe the explanation or not, I'll tell you that it works.

people are more likely to buy candy from a machine 3/4 full of candy, than one that's full.

I have heard this too! It doesnt apply to toys though, I like to fill mine full when servicing. Also, I have always been told that the machine or head on the far right sells better than the others. I guess most people are right handed!

I have heard this too! It doesnt apply to toys though, I like to fill mine full when servicing. Also, I have always been told that the machine or head on the far right sells better than the others. I guess most people are right handed!

It's funny you say that. This has been typical for me too. My best guess is that the customer has no real preference for candy (likes them all), and is going for the past of least resistance. Logic, instinct maybe? I don't know. I still think product will determine your best heads, but if you put your "hot" seller in the right side, it will do better. I wish I had some numbers to back it up, as it only "seems" like they sell better, but all I have is experience in that regard.

Its a proven fact people will go to the right more often than the left. When people advertise in newspapers I believe the upper right hand corner is the key spot and advertisers pay more for that spot.

treadmill, were you really servicing 50 machines in a day?

Yep. Sometimes I did 70 in one day. Started at 9 in the morning and went until I couldn't do anymore because they closed up for the day. Usually around 7 in the evening.

Yep. Sometimes I did 70 in one day. Started at 9 in the morning and went until I couldn't do anymore because they closed up for the day. Usually around 7 in the evening.

Cool. Now that's motivation! How many energy drinks does that take to do???!!!

Archived