vendo 475 help, coin mech and questions

tangstang

howdy, new to the forum. i posted on one last night as a bump that i found where somone was asking questions about the same model i have but there has been no replys and i didnt want to hijack so i'm starting my own.

To start off I just picked it up yesterday, got it from ebay. When i purchased it i really knew nothing about it but figured for the price i got it for i would take a chance on it and if all else would fail i could give it to my great uncle that collects coke stuff.

Its a vendo 475 coke machine, with 7 selections. It has a Coinco F300-9400 in it with no bill acceptance, however it does have the face plate for one to be in it. Anyway when i purchased it i was told it would not take nickel's and the last selection on the bottom the button didnt work anymore (not sure if its the button or the motor i don't know) and the coin return light was punched into the machine (think i can fix that easy) I have yet to plug it in and start playing with it, its 8 degree's here with 35mph wind gusts and i have no heat in my garage or electricity (yet just moved in older house and thats first plans for spring) and i had it laying on its back to transport it on the trailer as i didn't trust standing it up with no good way to secure it on the horizontal plane, so i want to allow it to sit a few days before i would plug it in anyway.

when i do plug it in, and test it out if it doesn't take nickels and the coinco needs replaced i would like to replace it and add a means of taking bills also, and if possible it would be great to be able to do multi price? what all is involved in finding a coin mech, and a bill acceptor that are compatable with each other? And is it even possible to do multi price?

Thanks a ton for your time, sorry for being so ignorant, but i have no where else to learn.

I will post detailed pics when i can get out to the garage and snap a few

andy

An F300 is an old Coinco 4 price mech. I never had one in these machines so I don't know how it would effect you swapping in the Mars. Yes a Mars 6800 (single price) should work and it will work with any capatible coin mech

4 price meaning i have the option to pick a price out of 4 choices that all the machine selections will be? or meaning that i can have 4 different prices across the 7 selections? I have tried finding info on the old coinco f300 but have had no luck anywhere.

What i was thinking was if i can't get the coinco fixed enough to use coins only is buying a coin mech that is compatible with a regularly available bill liquidator so i can add it later on so i don't have to buy it all at the same time. If i do get the coinco working, i still want to upgrade to the bill option later so i still need to find a different coin changer anyway. Thus my question on what is compatible. Are most coin mech made to fit a certain form factor so they will easliy go from one machine to another or do you have to modify to get most of them to fit?

Oh man. I don't know anything about that coin-mech. Just so you know, the reason why few people are responding is most likely because they don't know the exact answer to your questions. Technivend is probably the best person to get answers from on this forum. However, you may want to give Sanden Vendo a call as they may be able to guide you in the right direction, or a vending parts distributor such as Vendor's Exchange or Technivend.

I don't know about that coin-mech being a "4-price" mech but I am going to venture to say that the 4-price means that there are 4 individual switches (such as 5 cents, 10 cents, 20 cents, and 40 cents) which you can set to get a certain total (ie. setting the 5 cent switch and the 40 cent switch equals 45 cents, setting all 4 switches [5,10,20, and 40] equals 75 cents.

Modern single-price mechs are called single price because the machine only allows a "single price" for ALL ITEMS... BUT.. that machine-wide price can be changed via the coin mech. Changing the price that is set in the coin mech changes the prices for EVERYT ITEM in the machine. This is why you will see a space on many older machines that say "75 cents" or "50 cents" somewhere. That's because everything in there is the same price.

Multi-price machines have a board that actually controls the pricing. Having this board allows setting multiple prices as the coin mech does not decide the price but only focuses on the acceptance of currency. This is why single-price coin mechs have the switches and multi-price machines(meaning the machine has to have a board as you can't really convert a single-price machine into a multi-price machine) have coin mechs without the switches.

Long story short, you can probably get any single-price coin mech to put in there (I am only assuming this) and you can almost certainly put a validator in there but it would require a harness. Beyond this, I am not sure what you would need. One of the common trends is to have a single-price coin-mech (such as a Mars TRC 6800H, at least I think it's an H) and adding that with a coinco BA30B.

The "f" used to stand for 4 price and the 300 stood for a maximum price of $3.00. This is probably a very old mustard colored plastic coin mech. It would allow 4 different prices in the machine usually in groups of 2. For example column 1&2 is price 1, columns 3&4 are price 2, etc.

Ok, thanks a bunch for the help from both of you. I was doing some looking at the machine (unplugged) trying to learn the mechanics of how they work. It looks pretty simple actually. I think with some reading and just looking at the vendor and some help from you guys i'l have it figured out soon. I think i understand how it works now after looking at it, and reading on your description of the coin mech.

Technivend: yes it is a mustard colored. It would be nice to get that working and do different prices but i don't think i can add a bill validator with that coin mech correct? as i don't think i saw a dongle to connect to? either way i'll be happy with just doing single price and having it accept bills, i think i would loose a decent amount of buisness without it taking bills. (thoughts on the coins only vs both?)

I havn't plugged in the machine, I'm planning on doing that tomorrow or weds and loading up a few cans and playing with the functions of it to see what all i have to fix.

Another question.

I kinda understand how the delivery system works from just looking at it and playing with it a little today. What is needed to change it from vending cans to bottles? And why are 3 of the colums single? and the other double? Is that just to put the lower volume sales stuff in the singles? or am i off base?

Thanks so much for the help guys.

Ok, thanks a bunch for the help from both of you. I was doing some looking at the machine (unplugged) trying to learn the mechanics of how they work. It looks pretty simple actually. I think with some reading and just looking at the vendor and some help from you guys i'l have it figured out soon. I think i understand how it works now after looking at it, and reading on your description of the coin mech.

Technivend: yes it is a mustard colored. It would be nice to get that working and do different prices but i don't think i can add a bill validator with that coin mech correct? as i don't think i saw a dongle to connect to? either way i'll be happy with just doing single price and having it accept bills, i think i would loose a decent amount of buisness without it taking bills. (thoughts on the coins only vs both?)

I havn't plugged in the machine, I'm planning on doing that tomorrow or weds and loading up a few cans and playing with the functions of it to see what all i have to fix.

Another question.

I kinda understand how the delivery system works from just looking at it and playing with it a little today. What is needed to change it from vending cans to bottles? And why are 3 of the colums single? and the other double? Is that just to put the lower volume sales stuff in the singles? or am i off base?

Thanks so much for the help guys.

Not sure if the 475 can do bottles or if it is just a can machine. Sales between a bill acceptor vs coins is probably at least 80% bills so yes, you will lose sales without a bill acceptor. You are correct on the wide vs narrow columns. Once you get beyond the top three sales drop rapidly in comparison.

Not sure if the 475 can do bottles or if it is just a can machine. Sales between a bill acceptor vs coins is probably at least 80% bills so yes, you will lose sales without a bill acceptor. You are correct on the wide vs narrow columns. Once you get beyond the top three sales drop rapidly in comparison.

I looked after posting about the bottles and found on the inside panel that has the wiring schematics it also has directions on how to set up the column for bottles and for cans. So i'll have to read it a few times and try to figure it out.

I would go with a Mars VN-2511, instead of the VFM. It is a MUCH better validator. The TRC-6800H is a great changer as well, and can hook right up with the Mars VN-2511. For price refference, my company has a complete conversion set for that machine with all the harnessing, the validator, and the changer for $235.00 plus shipping. That set is for:

(1) Mars VN-2511 validator refurbished with a 2 month warranty.

(1) Mars TRC-6800H coin changer refurbished with a 2 month warranty.

(1) Mars single price harness

(1) Mars 110 volt power harness

These are what you will want to ask for when ordering from any company. All the parts are easy to install yourself. The bottom switch not working sounds like the cherry switch on that selection is dead. All you need to do is replace it with a switch from one of the other rows, and if the problem follows the switch, bingo!

do you mind me asking how much you paid for that

I would go with a Mars VN-2511, instead of the VFM. It is a MUCH better validator. The TRC-6800H is a great changer as well, and can hook right up with the Mars VN-2511. For price refference, my company has a complete conversion set for that machine with all the harnessing, the validator, and the changer for $235.00 plus shipping. That set is for:

(1) Mars VN-2511 validator refurbished with a 2 month warranty.

(1) Mars TRC-6800H coin changer refurbished with a 2 month warranty.

(1) Mars single price harness

(1) Mars 110 volt power harness

These are what you will want to ask for when ordering from any company. All the parts are easy to install yourself. The bottom switch not working sounds like the cherry switch on that selection is dead. All you need to do is replace it with a switch from one of the other rows, and if the problem follows the switch, bingo!

Thanks for the suggestion on the other bill validator. I will keep that in mind.

That was how i planned on testing the switch. My extension chord isn't long enough to reach to where i have the machine in the garage so I haven't plugged it in to test anything on it yet, I am going to try to do that tomorrow after i see ifi can borrow a heavier and longer chord.

Archived