USI 3015a - USI CB-300 satellite compatibility

AngryChris

Does anyone know if all USI 301XA series snack vendors come with umbillical cords to hook up to satellite vendors? I have a CB-300 that may be free soon and I would like to place it at an account that doesnt' need a major selection of soda but they need a large snack machine.

I am pretty sure this series can hook up to satellite machines but not sure if they ALL have the cords and if they are compatible with the MDB CB-300 series.

The 3015a is a FSI, if i'm correct. Uses the IIIA board like the USI 3014a. It will run a satellite like the old can mate II. Could also make it run aCD6 in a pinch. Don't think it can run a CB300 though. The reason is that the CB uses sensor technology and the board does not recognize it. So my money says no but its still worth a call to Vendnet.

The 3015a is a FSI, if i'm correct. Uses the IIIA board like the USI 3014a. It will run a satellite like the old can mate II. Could also make it run aCD6 in a pinch. Don't think it can run a CB300 though. The reason is that the CB uses sensor technology and the board does not recognize it. So my money says no but its still worth a call to Vendnet.

Yes I am pretty sure all 3015A series are FSI brand. This makes sense. If this is the case, I will really need a more recent snack machine to hook up to my CB-300. I like USI snack machines but it's hard to find them used for a decent price! I am just going to look for a cheap USI snack with MDB in it which should almost surely make this compatible. The machine is hooked up to a USI 12-select right now in a location that has narrow pathways (couldn't get equipment larger than these two) and it attached to some other accounts.

I wonder if it would be a crazy idea in the future to hook it up to a USI food machine in the future at a large location so that I could sell food, cans, bottles, all kinds of stuff between the 2 machines and not take up THAT much space. It would sure look crazy from a vendor's perspective....

Yes I am pretty sure all 3015A series are FSI brand. This makes sense. If this is the case, I will really need a more recent snack machine to hook up to my CB-300. I like USI snack machines but it's hard to find them used for a decent price! I am just going to look for a cheap USI snack with MDB in it which should almost surely make this compatible. The machine is hooked up to a USI 12-select right now in a location that has narrow pathways (couldn't get equipment larger than these two) and it attached to some other accounts.

I wonder if it would be a crazy idea in the future to hook it up to a USI food machine in the future at a large location so that I could sell food, cans, bottles, all kinds of stuff between the 2 machines and not take up THAT much space. It would sure look crazy from a vendor's perspective....

I don't know that a "MDB" machine will solve the problem. You need to have a machine that has a board in it that is designed for the CB300 satellite unit. I've got 3014 and 3015 machines that have MDB mech and DBV in them. Hooking a food machine will cause the same sort of problem, if the board can't read the signals from the satellite because it was not designed to then it will never work.

I don't know that a "MDB" machine will solve the problem. You need to have a machine that has a board in it that is designed for the CB300 satellite unit. I've got 3014 and 3015 machines that have MDB mech and DBV in them. Hooking a food machine will cause the same sort of problem, if the board can't read the signals from the satellite because it was not designed to then it will never work.

I didn't think the 301X series had MDB. Is that an after-market upgrade? And I was referring to the Alpine series. I think they are absolutely gorgeous to the eyes and hideous to the check book.

I didn't think the 301X series had MDB. Is that an after-market upgrade? And I was referring to the Alpine series. I think they are absolutely gorgeous to the eyes and hideous to the check book.

I guess some of the last ones of that production series had them, mine came equipped with them. I think you will still have compability issues. Look at it like this, the 301X series are first generation, the CB series is second generation and the Alpine is third. I don't think you can mix and match between the generations of equipment. Again, even with all my experience with USI stuff I would still call VendNet to confirm my thinking on this. Not trying to be difficult, I just don't think the idea is gonna fly.

Hi, I agree with mission & would ring Vendnet to confirm everything with them. Sometimes even if machine may have right connections for harness you may still need to upgrade Eprom to make sure everything is going to work correctly.

We have upgraded older machines to have i-vend sensors & have needed to change Eprom's to get them to work.

What model CB300 do you have? When you say MDB are you refering to umbilical harness?

Hi, I agree with mission & would ring Vendnet to confirm everything with them. Sometimes even if machine may have right connections for harness you may still need to upgrade Eprom to make sure everything is going to work correctly.

We have upgraded older machines to have i-vend sensors & have needed to change Eprom's to get them to work.

What model CB300 do you have? When you say MDB are you refering to umbilical harness?

No... I am referring to the fact that the satellite CB-300 came with a GF-12 machine that is all MDB.

I guess some of the last ones of that production series had them, mine came equipped with them. I think you will still have compability issues. Look at it like this, the 301X series are first generation, the CB series is second generation and the Alpine is third. I don't think you can mix and match between the generations of equipment. Again, even with all my experience with USI stuff I would still call VendNet to confirm my thinking on this. Not trying to be difficult, I just don't think the idea is gonna fly.

I will need to do that as soon as I remember to do it. I keep forgetting to do so because it's such a minor thing that is kind of out of my mind for the time being.

While I agree that the 301X series is kind of 1st generation and the horizon series is probably 2nd generation, the problem is that they still make CB-300s, 500s, and 700s, and even satellite CB-300s so they are just as much 3rd generation as the Alpine.

I will check though based off of the serial number on the CB-300 as I am sure USI would know if it's compatible with a newer model USI machine, but I do believe you that it will not work with the 3015A or equivalent machine. And you aren't being difficult; the vending machine is being difficult.

Update: I contacted VendNet today and was informed that my CB-300 will only work with an F80 board. The newer CB-300s work with the latest boards so not all CB-300s were created equal. I was also told that it's most likely not possible to plug an older CB-300 into a newer USI machine. Basically, I just need to find a USI machine with an F80 board.... however, I never see those machines for sale!

Archived