Vendo Vending Lock, Issues

str8rippin

Hey, i Have a vendo v475 and the lock will open when you tap it,

heres a video i made explaining what i mean:

http://youtu.be/4v_EwsIWtWU

Will i need to replace the lock or the t-bar or both?

and how do you replace it is it easy?

i found this link is this the correct lock or could you please point me to the correct lock

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pepsi-Coke-Soda-Vendo-Tubular-Vending-Machine-Lock-/110827141421?pt=BI_Vending&hash=item19cdcff92d

Also does anyone know where i can get a redbulll shim for my V475 Coke Machine i feel like ive looked everywhere.

I have never worked with a lock like that but most of them have what some people call a "nipple." If you pull the lock out, you should see at least 1 spring-loaded "nipple" that has a slant on one side which allows you to push the lock in until the spring-loaded nipple pops on the inside of the machine which effectively locks the machine.

It's possible that there's something wrong with the nipple or something is blocking it from fully extending out. Regardless of what the problem is, a lock can be replaced for like $20 max shipped and everything and that's on the high end but it may come with different keys than you have.

As far as the difficulty of replacing the lock... I would say it's one of the easiest things to do.. right up there with changing out a coin mech... but maybe some locks are more different than others. I am pretty sure, especially with your situation, you can pop that lock out in 10 seconds and put a new one in in about 10 more seconds.

I doubt you need a new T-bar but I have not messed with T-bars before except for when the threads were worn out on a CB-700 due to the weight of the door bending and warping the t-bar causing the threads to wear out prematurely. However, I did not change the T-bar out. I would just order a new lock though and see what it does. Check ebay or a local distributor.

I'd say replace the lock. You can get them on eBay for $10 shipped. Check and make sure there are no obstructions where the "nipple" locks into the hole.

The bad thing about getting a lock this way is that there is the potential that someone else in your area will also wind up with a key that can open your lock. If you machines are all in restricted areas like a company breakroom there is little chance that someone will get a key that can open your machine. If it is in a more public area than the chances, while still slim, will increase. Additionally these locks are generally not high security or hardened locks. Locks that are resistant to mechanical efforts to break them.

Personally I only use registered high security locks, locks that only I will have the key for. I've had my share of machine that I thought were in a safe location get broken into. These locks are available through a variety of lock companies but will usually run 20-25 each.

The bad thing about getting a lock this way is that there is the potential that someone else in your area will also wind up with a key that can open your lock. If you machines are all in restricted areas like a company breakroom there is little chance that someone will get a key that can open your machine. If it is in a more public area than the chances, while still slim, will increase. Additionally these locks are generally not high security or hardened locks. Locks that are resistant to mechanical efforts to break them.

Personally I only use registered high security locks, locks that only I will have the key for. I've had my share of machine that I thought were in a safe location get broken into. These locks are available through a variety of lock companies but will usually run 20-25 each.

Right, high security locks are also on eBay for about $15. I know that they may not all be specialized. I guess it depends on your budget, and what kind of area you live in. For example, I would never pay $20 for one lock, and I know every vendor in my tri-county area well enough to say that everyone of us could have the same lock and key for our machines, and none of us would break into the others at any time.

It would be difficult for other people who aren't local vendors to:

1. Know that we bought locks off eBay, and that of the 150 plus lock sellers on there, one of them might have a key that will fit a local machine.

2. Find out which seller we bought from and get that specific key.

And...

3. Find a location that has a machine in an accessible area for them to get to.

I mean, it may not be a good idea for your whole route to have locks from the biggest seller on eBay, but it won't hurt at least in this case for this poster to buy a lock for this one machine to determine whether it is the problem or not. It would be cheaper than spending the $25 and having the lock not be the problem....

You have a good point if you were going to re-key your route, but he should be okay for one machine, at least that's my opinion. :)

Where do you get your locks from? I would rather have more secure locks than the ones I have right now. (you cam PM me if you dont want to post on the forums :)

Did you install a new T-handle or was this working at one time? I pulled an old T-handle from one DN 501 to another and i had this problem.

My issues were the corners of the handle were interfearing with rounds in the corners of the the machines mating face, so it would not go in far enough. I dremeled the corners off and it still wasn't good enough. I had to grind off some of the back mating face (less than 1/8" i believe) of the T-handle so the lock would go into the machine further. Finally i got it to function as it should. I had to leave my machine unlocked for a week before i got it fixed! Luckly no one noticed it wasn't actually locked before hand :)

Archived