treasure chest crane, wont drop knobby balls

dogcow

looking at the picture

two adjustments i would make is to bend the claw from the _] to a ) bend the bottom out more its too clampy needs to be more open and rounded

second adjustment for knobby is to move the center ring higher so the claw cannot close as much too..

bill

• 1 month later...

Second fix i used this week is if you look at the picture above.. you see a phillips or slotted screw at the bottom

of the piston area where all the claws come to 1 circle

take the screw out and add some thick round metal washers 1/2 inch but thick for weight..

the extra weight helps the claws open and release the balls

• 1 month later...

This is old topic i see but I read it and noticed havending said about the velcro...Where did you here that?? just wondering...I figured that out one day i was trying about 50 different things to get the old looney toons balls from sticking ( they where what champion ball was selling before the knobbys came out later) they would stick and everybody around the other big crane forum "the claw network" was using baby powder on the balls,,really looked like crap..

I figured out first if i got the shoelaces that where hollow sorta,,I could cut them and make like a sleeve to go over claw fingers and it fixed this exact problem, then i tried the velcro hairy side and it worked perfectly ,dropped it every time ...

A couple years later Rinco started these knobby balls and the same problem,,I called Frank at Rinco and he said he was gonna tell everybody about it...I just wonder if that is where you heard it ..because i haven't heard anybody other than the few I've told know about that trick..

I think of stuff all the time that nobody thinks of that is obvious like this,,so great minds think alike so maybe nobody told you about it..heres something off topic ill share..

I told brand imports years ago an idea,,I said they need to make double sided displays for tattoos,,I said they should make 2 completely different displays,,;like one side be Boys tattoos and other side be ultimate tattoos, then put different tats on each side of display say 7 of them from collection of 14,,so all 14 is in mix but when you service machine you can just flip display and its looks like you rotated it...Craig was so excited about this novel idea and gave me a deal on a bunch of tattoos really cheap but told me not to tell anybody as he was gonna do it..

That year at NBVA show they had big banner talking about it ,,then 2 months later every tat supplier was doing it and still is ...they did it but missed the whole planet on what my idea was,,to not have to rotate columns,,they just made two sided display and called them same thing and actually made them look alike( i.e. VSI displays)...I came up with a great idea,,shared it and then all the bulk suppliers are such copycats of each other and none of them even got the jist of what i had thought of!!!

off topic,,nothing about what you guys where talking about I know,,I just rant sometimes when i don't get my pat on the back. lol (not saying anything of you repeating the velcro thing,,I'm glad you did,, just frank at rinco never acknowledged to me that it worked and he actually told anybody,which he might not have and you probably just thought of same thing.)

oh,,,guess you heard it from me!!! ;D

didn't remember where all i posted that,,,Yahoo boards used to rule,,i posted all the time on there but it kinda died when it got so big and the new members would post same newbie questions,,understanding they are new but the old members would get mad and it started being like a soap opera..

ronsidney(aka ronny G)

www.blazingquarters.com

Archived