treasure chest crane, wont drop knobby balls

dogcow

any idea whats going on here, crane grabs the balls fine, moves the claw to the delivery door but wont release the ball. when more money is inserted it still wont release. ball must be manually removed from the claw.

I am using the 5" ball.

this only happens with knobby balls, plush works fine, other toys work fine.

any thoughts?

i am guessing that you are using a small claw.

i have the same issue with many cranes

knobby balls are naturally a little sticky (like sticking your tounge to a metal pole christmas story)

you can Order a larger claw. $100.00 +/- with coil.

I have had luck bending the claw arms bigger and ajdusting the claw wider so it does not close all the way

you want the claw to close for plush and toys like this -> () for knobbys you want ( )

this size adjustment is not related to claw strength on the motherboard its a on the claw adjustment.

most claws have allen wrench movable collars around the coil or claw arms

the more up/down you move it the more/less they will close

I had luck with one crane adding a small spring between the coil and pushplate so it had a litle help opening

the spring cant be very strong or the claw will not close and very small weak spring.

if you need i can upload a picture of the adjustments on the claw when i get back from work today

ALSO!!!!

if you live in colder climates... like i do and have a air compressor in your garage in the cold and you run a large hose line into the house

to inflate balls in comfort and heat... dont pull a bill...

i inflated 2 cases 500 balls and left them in my kitchen

at 4am they reached room temprature and expanded from the cold air getting warm.

and started to EXPLODE i had a seroius firework show going.

bill

ALSO!!!!

if you live in colder climates... like i do and have a air compressor in your garage in the cold and you run a large hose line into the house

at 4am they reached room temprature and expanded from the cold air getting warm.

bill

That is sooooooo funny.

i am guessing that you are using a small claw.

i have the same issue with many cranes

knobby balls are naturally a little sticky (like sticking your tounge to a metal pole christmas story)

you can Order a larger claw. $100.00 +/- with coil.

I have had luck bending the claw arms bigger and ajdusting the claw wider so it does not close all the way

you want the claw to close for plush and toys like this -> () for knobbys you want ( )

this size adjustment is not related to claw strength on the motherboard its a on the claw adjustment.

most claws have allen wrench movable collars around the coil or claw arms

the more up/down you move it the more/less they will close

I had luck with one crane adding a small spring between the coil and pushplate so it had a litle help opening

the spring cant be very strong or the claw will not close and very small weak spring.

if you need i can upload a picture of the adjustments on the claw when i get back from work today

ALSO!!!!

bill

picture would be great, that is very funny but i am in florida,so its not a big concern.

The first is a united textiles crane claw let me know if it matches the one your using

there is really no easy adjustments the only way to size this claw is to bend ) each leg outward where they curve

do one at a time and go easy so you dont snap one off. its not that hard and they do flex alot. that will widen the gap and allow knobbys to fall out easyer

in the center where the rod enters the coil is a small triangle plate you turn that to adjust open claw size.

the spring method would be hard to do on this crane the claw does not come apart easy

the second claw in the picture is a standard import crane claw

it has a upper and lower chrome ring (like bands on a barrel) with hex screws to hold it in place

moving both collars up/down adjusts how much the claw will close up will mean more ( ) down for smaller items ()

you can clearly see the triangle plate piece in that picture turning that adjusts open size and just make sure the claw can fully open

also you can bend the claws wider the same method as above too but try to adjust the claw rings first

bill

thx i am a little nervous messing with the claw on the treasure chest crane because i dont know where to get a back up if it breaks, ill give it a shot though. wish there was an easier way! yes those are the correct claws i have on my cranes btw

again, thanks so much!

treasure chest is made by united textiles

http://www.unitedtextile.net/UnitedTextileCranes.asp

they are in new jersey

nice people they are more route operators on the boardwalk and NJ area

they make cranes and service them and sell parts

ive been to thier warehouse / factory to pick up cranes before

bill

heres 99% of the problems with united textiles cranes

united textiles cranes use jamma type plugs for the motherboard

so they need cleaned once in a while

to relate to real world they are like old nintendo cartrages you have to clean

the contacts, blow on the cartrige to get them to work clean the contacts

i use rubbing alc, and q tips, or use contact cleaner in a can

and spray both male and female sides. let them dry a day before trying or replugging it back in

another easy contact cleaner is non-girly hand sanitiser on the contacts

non girly means no lavender no aloe no smells or added stuff

let it air out adn replug back in ends 90% united textiles problems and works on arcade games too

unless it's a broken microswitch thier switches are not the best design

theres a wooden block on each end of the track when they power up they go right- hit microswitch

go left hit microswitch

then the claw motor goes forward hits forward microswitch and gets ready for play

4 switches for left right back front

two or three for claw down claw up..

check them for broken or not getting contact enough they used rubber blocks that hit the switches and sometimes the rubber wears thin.

bill

bill

bill,

well i went back with my friend to figure out the issue with the claw, we booted the machine and it reeled back in...makes me nervous to put it on location but im thinking maybe the motherboard connector is the issue.

that said i adjusted the claw like you described and it worked perfect! it looks like ill have to make sure the balls are blown up the exact same size because i had them differently sized and some still caused a problem. Again, thanks a lot for the tip.

• 1 month later...

you have to find just the right size what i did was i bought a cobalt tire inflator from

lowe's it has a digital PSI readout on it and automatically stops inflating once you

hit the target PSI. this ensures the balls are all inflated to a uniform size.

Also you can bend the claws, this helps quite a bit, but be careful.

I would imagine heat shrink tubing would work great..

My problem of the claw not dropping the knobby balls was they were getting stuck in between the claw tip and where the claw attaches to the coil.

IMAG0063.jpg

is the mechanically adjusted to the most open position ( see bill's post above ). it looks

like its adjustable, if so makes sure you unscrew the rings and move it all the way to the top

so its the most open(loose)

you have to find just the right size what i did was i bought a cobalt tire inflator from

lowe's it has a digital PSI readout on it and automatically stops inflating once you

hit the target PSI. this ensures the balls are all inflated to a uniform size.

what psi did you end up with?

what psi did you end up with?

depends on the crane , for import cranes 31" i use 6psi, for united cranes i forget

the exact psi, i have it written down on the inflator in my storage, next time im over there

ill check it, i think it is a little smaller.

Just curious, are the knobby balls from Rhode Island all the same sizes or do you get some haywire sizes randomly? I noticed last night that some of them are at the "5 inch" size yet they are still under-inflated.

I would imagine heat shrink tubing would work great..

My problem of the claw not dropping the knobby balls was they were getting stuck in between the claw tip and where the claw attaches to the coil.

IMAG0063.jpg

I got the tips from radio shack. They block the static.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Archived