Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this before?

PerformaVending

As a vendor, I've found one must expect the unexpected. As such, when I got into this, I followed the advice of a veteran, and lined up how I would follow through should my machines cause some problem for someone. This outlined how I would reimburse people in a timely fashion, schedule maintenance, non-routine repairs and cleaning and so forth. Today I had the strangest service call I've ever gotten. A rather frantic gentleman insisted I come and service my Routemaster at the local mall, (I uploaded a picture to the gallery) as soon as possible, and he would be waiting. So, as I tried to gather my gear, I asked him what the exact nature of the problem was (he just kept saying "it has a problem!") and he told me his dilemma- his son had bought candy from it with an antique quarter. When I got there, I got it out, and it was an oldie alright, 1944. He explained that his grandfather had kept it as a family thing, and that he had passed this particular quarter down to him. Strange as it was, he gave me $5.00 for my troubles, and went about his day. While that barely covered my gas, I was able to top off the machine and collect the change. This was a very strange experience for me- has anyone ever had something like this happen to them?

As a vendor, I've found one must expect the unexpected. As such, when I got into this, I followed the advice of a veteran, and lined up how I would follow through should my machines cause some problem for someone. This outlined how I would reimburse people in a timely fashion, schedule maintenance, non-routine repairs and cleaning and so forth. Today I had the strangest service call I've ever gotten. A rather frantic gentleman insisted I come and service my Routemaster at the local mall, (I uploaded a picture to the gallery) as soon as possible, and he would be waiting. So, as I tried to gather my gear, I asked him what the exact nature of the problem was (he just kept saying "it has a problem!") and he told me his dilemma- his son had bought candy from it with an antique quarter. When I got there, I got it out, and it was an oldie alright, 1944. He explained that his grandfather had kept it as a family thing, and that he had passed this particular quarter down to him. Strange as it was, he gave me $5.00 for my troubles, and went about his day. While that barely covered my gas, I was able to top off the machine and collect the change. This was a very strange experience for me- has anyone ever had something like this happen to them?

I actually had almost the same thing happen to me before. I had a uturn in a family owned pizza shop. The family are real Itilians. Well one day I get a call telling me I need to come service the machine asap... and owner wants to talk to me. I figured I was going to loose the location. So I drove the 40 minutes to the shop and the owner told me his youngest son put some family owned GOLD coins in the machine and he would like them back. He stood there the entire time as I opened the machine and dug them out..guess he thought I was going to take one or two ..lol..but I filled the machine back up and the guy gave me and the girlfriend free dinner for making the trip..you get all kinds in this business lol

well just to update this thread the locator stated to me last monday that he would refund my money and id have it in 3-5 business days. Im still awaiting and nothing so far. He has coresponded to me stating he would look into it.

Ill keep everyone posted

Good to hear. I'm glad that guy isn't going to get away with anything.

I want to service thursday and I got to 1 of the locations that had a 1 800 machine that they claimed had fallen and broken. They threw it away because there is no contact information on the machine or so they say. in reality what happen is they probly broke into the machine took the candy took the money and then threw it away or similar.this was at harbor frieght in springfield. I am still waiting for corporate to call me in regards to what they're going to do. fortunately the machine only cost me 25 dollars and was already on location

Archived