"ghost drinks"

So I set the soda machine up today at the location and took over the snack machine there. I plugged the soda machine in and filled it with cans. When I tested the machine just to make sure it worked one last time it started spitting out the wrong drinks. I push DP and it would give me coke. I pushed Diet Coke and it would give me Mountain Dew. I was afraid the machine somehow had got the circuits crossed and it was vending from the wrong drink stack. The machine was completely empty when I moved it to the location. I figured it would be easier to change the flavor strips than to restock the drinks so I went down the line to try and figure out which button gave me which drink so I would know what strip to put where. When I pushed the Sunkist button a can of Big Red came out. I had not stocked any Big Red. I pushed it again and the same. I pushed it again and I got Sunkist. I guess somehow there were some drinks down at the bottom somewhere that had not been noticed. It took $10 being put through the machine to get it back to normal. Anyone have this experience before?

ok 2 things...first the columns are not in the same order from the buttons, the columns SHOULD have #s under them on the motor cover. If not you might consider numbering them. the #s indicate the buttons they correspond to.

second, yeah even if the selection says "sold out" it keeps a few cans in the column in reserve so that its always dispensing cold product. for this reason you must prime the columns when installing and also empty them compleltely when moving. To do this just take off the motor cover

and actuate the switch for each motor under the column is dispensing the product. this means about 2 times per product depending on which position the rotors (the trough the cans sit in ) are in.

to clear the columns out just empty the cans out, then do the same thing actuate the motor switches until no more product comes out.

hope this makes sense!

Lol newbie!!!!

As dogcow said, there were cans hidden in the auger where you couldn't see them. This is typical for a dixie narco. Once you get all of the old drinks out, you'll be fine.

Just keep in mind to do what dogcow said and PRIME the selections before you leave a new account with a dixie narco machine. It will rip 2-3 people off PER SELECTION if not primed before it starts vending product. It's an absolutely great system when everything has already been primed... it's just a simple mistake. Most modern Vendo's and USI's have drop sensors and will vend the very last can/bottle until it's completely sold out. You don't have to prime them but you also won't have any cold soda still in the machine for the next customer to buy after you restock it!

I had a similar story with my machines I bought Haha. I hit the button to. Prime the column with Ltd and a like 1I and a half year old prosing came out. U checked the rest and found 6out more old bottles of assorted sodas and teas and such.

I apologize in advance for my grammar /instructions spelling. Just had surgery today.

It is a Vendo machine. Definitely a newbie. I am sure I will have more stories to amuse y'all with. Appreciate the help!

While amusing, I'm guessing that nearly all of us have been there so we can appreciate your pain.

While amusing, I'm guessing that nearly all of us have been there so we can appreciate your pain.

lol my first time moving a machine i spaced out on removing the extra cans, ended up having to clean a huge mess at the location :(

Archived