acme benchmark cranes opinions?

dogcow

does anyone run these if so what do you think about them? I have to admit, this is pretty cool :

also some pretty unique features. The price is high compared to other new cranes, but I havent seen them around anywhere just curious if anyone has operated them

elevator-animation-web2.gif

Holds at least twice as many prizes as other cranes and the (patent pending) Always Full feature self-adjusts the playfield level to maximize product presentation. The adjustment is invisible to the player!

In attract mode, the crane picks up merchandise and moves it around - merchandise is always "fluffed"! (programmable)

4-axis player control of claw (patent pending) - up/down - left/right - backward/forward and claw rotation.

Unique Air-Powered Claw (patent pending) using a pneumatic cylinder guaranteed never to wear out! Provides for smooooth and controlled operation!

Stepper Motor operation with lubricated for life ball bearings with no end-of-stroke switches required!

Acme cranes in their design are good cranes and benchmark is a good company to deal with

i know alot of the older first generation cranes used a air compressor claw. which was a pain to keep set due to loose fittings and lost pressure

before you scrap them Musser

order the new air system and give that a tryout first if they will retro-fit i dont see why they would not.

its kind of like a auto-maker making their first production car like a ford focus 2000 model year...... o.0

but the new air claw series are a better design

and diffrent fittings for air and storage.

there the only crane i have seen that allows the customer to rotate the claw 360 deg

and their auto-fluff system is cool.

and the spring bottom door fill system is good idea if your not going to be there every month to fill

so i would buy one if that says anything and i operate alot of cranes

same story i can share is the 2 benchmark trap doors i just purchased 1 new and 1 used

the new ones main computer was 1.3 hex not a problem... no bugs

the used one had bugs too many prizes given away... trap door was not sensing right... after a winner it would keep triggering a winner sequence

so instead of calling benchmark the owner decided to sell it used.

I bought it used at 1/2 price of new...

Looked at the diffrences 1.0 hex motherboard looked up what they fixed between 1.0 -1.3 hex fixed bug with trap door fixed percentages of payouts...

so i called benchmark monday ordered a new motherboard 1.3 hex and its on its way. the 1.0 hex will be mailed back to them with a provided return box.

$119.00 including shipping.

But if i was the first person who bought the trap door and had issues,

would have called benchmark first before selling

his loss is my gain now..

bill

Billnuts, thanks for the Benchmark info. The cranes I pulled are pretty beat up so I didn't want to spend much effort! good to know about the new air system. I do like the big opening door very quick to service and clean. The board price is cheap compared to many others too. good info. I still have a few on location that look nice so maybe I'll try to up grade!

I have a few Smart Prize Times, I think they are one of my better cranes, as good as a rainbow but they seem to get more play and are very easy to set.

Archived