1-800 1.25 inch capsule misvend solution.....

JimmyT

This past week I've been testing caps nonstop for these 1-800s. It has become a little project.

I got some caps from TNT which are approx. 1.1 inch....

Made some adjustments from this forum and they are vending properly, but I think it will occasionally vend 2 at once. I'll have to deal with that later...

Anyway, I ordered some caps from A&A and to my surprise it turns out these caps are approximately 1.25 inch so the machines keep vending nothing, or sometime doubles.

Rarely broken caps, though. The caps from A&A seem more sturdy than TNT's.

I've made multiple adjustments to the brush housing, hopper, and wheel.

I am sure there is a solution to every problem and I am determined to find the fix for this.

So far this is my 7th try for a solution, I am able to vend 100 out of 100 for these 1.25 inch capsules....it is pretty darn good, nearly perfect, but I am afraid to keep testing because I fear it might misvend....haha....

I will continue testing tomorrow. I'll take pics and show you guys the mods I did if I found the fix for this problem. I'm totally going to down a few New Castles if I found the solution :)

Questions...

Ideally, I want NW 60s and 80s for vending toys. Do these misvend as well? Is there such a thing as 100% perfect vending all the time? I hate the idea of some kid walking away from my machine feeling cheated.

Side note...

I am so tired of cranking the coin mech.......lol

Well, I guess the industry rounds up because I measured it out to be very close to 1.25 ", maybe 1.275 " or maybe I got a weird batch of caps??? haha

Anyway, I ordered 1.1 caps from A&A but in came 1.3 caps.

This forum has been tremendously helpful, and I'd like to contribute information any way I can.

So here is my solution for vending 1.3 acorn caps.

I don't know the rules for posting images, so I may have to repost the pics however the mods prefer.

Removed riser, removed 2nd spring of brush housing ( the longer one )

1. I removed the wheel adjuster with a hacksaw to create a bigger opening for the bigger caps.

mail3.jpg

2. I adjusted the shorter spring of the brush housing. Left side is loosely tighten, Right side is full tighten with a pull forward to create a small arc.

mail4.jpg

Because of the larger opening of the gum ball wheel and removal of the longer spring, the machine will often double vend. The spring mod will help block off most of the double vends.

3. I added on a lip to the hopper made of an index card, tape, and a toothpick.

mail1.jpg

mail.jpg

Because of the larger opening, sometime caps would fall in backward creating double vend or getting stuck and crushing the cap. The lip helps to catch fallen caps and the toothpick is just to make it leveled with the hopper.

4. Lastly, I offset the vend wheel to this. I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I got straight good vends from this. I'm too tired to test other settings, so if it works, don't fix it....

mail2.jpg

I've tried many, many different approaches, but these 4 in combination seems to work best. 120 perfect vends out of 120.

I am pretty happy with my results. I'll probably continue testing a bit more tomorrow.

I can't recommend this 100% yet, so try it at your own risk. But at the moment, this is a solution for those with 1-800s wanting to vend 1.3 caps.

Also, I only load caps ~ 75% max capacity. It feels really heavy while cranking, like it might bridge or something when it is at maximum.

I still need to order and test the baffle Hillbilly recommended.

I will post additional test results tomorrow. I also ordered 3 toy capsule wheels from OTB vending. I hope those are trouble free...The opening for caps looks huge, a bit too huge I think. But the 3 diagonal agitators look mighty helpful. Also the brush housing looks to be in a good position. I can't wait for these haha

Well, I guess the industry rounds up because I measured it out to be very close to 1.25 ", maybe 1.275 " or maybe I got a weird batch of caps??? haha

Anyway, I ordered 1.1 caps from A&A but in came 1.3 caps.

This forum has been tremendously helpful, and I'd like to contribute information any way I can.

So here is my solution for vending 1.3 acorn caps.

I don't know the rules for posting images, so I may have to repost the pics however the mods prefer.

Removed riser, removed 2nd spring of brush housing ( the longer one )

1. I removed the wheel adjuster with a hacksaw to create a bigger opening for the bigger caps.

mail3.jpg

2. I adjusted the shorter spring of the brush housing. Left side is loosely tighten, Right side is full tighten with a pull forward to create a small arc.

mail4.jpg

Because of the larger opening of the gum ball wheel and removal of the longer spring, the machine will often double vend. The spring mod will help block off most of the double vends.

3. I added on a lip to the hopper made of an index card, tape, and a toothpick.

mail1.jpg

mail.jpg

Because of the larger opening, sometime caps would fall in backward creating double vend or getting stuck and crushing the cap. The lip helps to catch fallen caps and the toothpick is just to make it leveled with the hopper.

4. Lastly, I offset the vend wheel to this. I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I got straight good vends from this. I'm too tired to test other settings, so if it works, don't fix it....

mail2.jpg

I've tried many, many different approaches, but these 4 in combination seems to work best. 120 perfect vends out of 120.

I am pretty happy with my results. I'll probably continue testing a bit more tomorrow.

I can't recommend this 100% yet, so try it at your own risk. But at the moment, this is a solution for those with 1-800s wanting to vend 1.3 caps.

Also, I only load caps ~ 75% max capacity. It feels really heavy while cranking, like it might bridge or something when it is at maximum.

I still need to order and test the baffle Hillbilly recommended.

I will post additional test results tomorrow. I also ordered 3 toy capsule wheels from OTB vending. I hope those are trouble free...The opening for caps looks huge, a bit too huge I think. But the 3 diagonal agitators look mighty helpful. Also the brush housing looks to be in a good position. I can't wait for these haha

been a while since the last time i seen an OTB reference

Archived