Opinion on these machines and a fair price..............

Here are 3 soda machines I am looking at. Im sure the one on the left is a V Max 540 and the right is a 721? They have a 2nd 540 not pictured. The 540 has more use but looks very good inside. the 721 looks almost new. Are these good machines? They have been refurbished. What do you think is a fair price?

Attached Thumbnails

• 540 Inside.jpg
  • 540 - 721.jpg

I like vendos myself and I have a 721 and I really do love it. If it is the 721, it's a very tall machine and can hold about 33 bottles in each column. I like this because even if the machine has about 5 bottles left in a selection, you can empty an entire case into it without having mixed cases to take back with you or store them on a slower selection after. As for the 540, as far as I know, they are good machines.

As for a fair price... It's hard to say without looking at them. If the cabinet is in great shape and everything works 100% and it has a warranty, I would probably give as much as $1500 for the 721 if it is less than 3 years old. I don't know about the 540 so much... maybe $1,200 if it is also in great condition and fully refurbished. $2,500 for the pair I would probably take those (again, great condition and no more than a few years old).

I like vendos myself and I have a 721 and I really do love it. If it is the 721, it's a very tall machine and can hold about 33 bottles in each column. I like this because even if the machine has about 5 bottles left in a selection, you can empty an entire case into it without having mixed cases to take back with you or store them on a slower selection after. As for the 540, as far as I know, they are good machines.

As for a fair price... It's hard to say without looking at them. If the cabinet is in great shape and everything works 100% and it has a warranty, I would probably give as much as $1500 for the 721 if it is less than 3 years old. I don't know about the 540 so much... maybe $1,200 if it is also in great condition and fully refurbished. $2,500 for the pair I would probably take those (again, great condition and no more than a few years old).

The prices Chris mentioned sound in the ball park for used refurbished equipment. I am not that familiar with the Vendo line, but if it was me, and the 721 is a 79" machine I'd pass on it just for that reason. The height makes them very difficult to move and in a smaller room they will look even bigger.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived