Mini Snacker fun size candy bar vending

vendsmarts

I been kind of thinking about buying a fun size candy bar machine for $140 with shipping. They vend at .25 and the ebay seller sold 30 out of his 36 listed. Idk if collectors or vendors are buying em. Seems like it may take a long time to make a profit depending on how cheap the inventory can be bought. It may have to sell 900 bars to pay for its self.

Anyone on here use them?

post-3032-0-89664900-1331335114_thumb.jpg

I purchased 13 of them as part of a bulk lot about a month ago. They are difficult machines to work with for a number of reasons. They are heavy, and the dimensions make them difficult to place. They require a LOT of tweaking to keep them from misvending, and stocking them is not easy. If something breaks, the company is out of business, so parts are not easy to come by.

I have one on location, and it hasn't done very well for me.

My original thread is here: http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/10783-munch-box-advice/page__hl__%2Bmunch+%2Bbox__fromsearch__1

I'm sure that in the right location, these could do splendidly, but finding the "one good spot" could take a long time, time which I don't have.

If you want one of mine, I'll sell you one for $15.00 plus shipping. PM me anytime.

I purchased 13 of them as part of a bulk lot about a month ago. They are difficult machines to work with for a number of reasons. They are heavy, and the dimensions make them difficult to place. They require a LOT of tweaking to keep them from misvending, and stocking them is not easy. If something breaks, the company is out of business, so parts are not easy to come by.

I have one on location, and it hasn't done very well for me.

My original thread is here: http://vendiscuss.ne...__fromsearch__1

I'm sure that in the right location, these could do splendidly, but finding the "one good spot" could take a long time, time which I don't have.

If you want one of mine, I'll sell you one for $15.00 plus shipping. PM me anytime.

you probably just saved him $125.00 and lots of headaches!

For $15 + shipping I would like to try using one. Mayde 2 if shipping not too costly. I sent you a pm.

Also how do you get product stickers for this machine?

Idk if bacho can make the types needed.

For $15 + shipping I would like to try using one. Mayde 2 if shipping not too costly. I sent you a pm.

Also how do you get product stickers for this machine?

Idk if bacho can make the types needed.

I'm afraid Bacho is no longer with us.

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/11186-tvf-loses-a-great-member-and-i-lost-a-friend/

I wouldn't worry about stickers for the columns. The candy bars have their own labels already, and are clearly visible thru the window. The trouble is finding candy bars at a reasonable price to even bother with them. Since you can't buy a 0.50 mech for them, you have to vend at 0.25 giving you a terrible ROI. Check nearby dollar stores and watch for sales at drug stores where they have those 8 packs at 10/$10. You can check your local Wal-mart, but mine raised prices about 6 months ago and their 8 packs are now $1.25 or something like that. Something better might be a snack tower like this http://suncoastvending.net/productdetail.aspx?image=15 . I'm pretty sure it's a biz-op machine, but you can probably find them used if you keep looking.

If you get one and want to put it out I would suggest aiming it at adults (like breakrooms). A vendor I met selling off his 25 mini snacker machines said that's where they did well, but he was getting out of them because of the increasing difficulties getting a decent price on product and the impossibility of getting parts or upgrading the mech. He had almost 50 at one point, but as they broke down his route got smaller and smaller. He scrapped his machines in the end.

I was at a dollar store today and they are selling 6 packs at a dollar. They still had the 8 packs. Seems like a conversion is starting. Even if I could upgrade it to 50 cents idk if people would pay that for 1 fun size bar. I know I wouldn`t. The other option is to see how many come in a bag. Most stores sell a bag of the bars for around $3.

If i determine that I cant use the machine on my route ill just keep it at home or sell it. I still want to get one and see if theres anything i can do with it. I do have the ok from one of my breakroom locations to place it next to my triple.

Archived