$5 acceptance problem

Dixie Narco 501T w/ S2-D board. All selections set at .50 cents. Conlux 5 coin mech, all tubes full. DBA is Bill Pro bx4 ( i think).

Here is the deal... both DBV are fresh rebuilds. The Bill Pro is in the machine now. I had $45 worth of $5 dollar bills in machine (new style 5's) However when i try and feed it a $5 it always spits them back out... i'm guessing less than 5% acceptance rate for 5's. I wanted to put a Mars VN 2512 U5 in it's place thinking something was wrong with the bill pro (note it takes $1 bills fine!)

Same issue with mars DBV!! It will accept $1s all day long but will not accept 5's. When i put the DBV on the tester, it accepts $5 bills and credits them correctly every time!

Any one know what is going on here?? Is there a problem with the S2-D board in the pop machine? Does the S2-D board have anything to do with the acceptance of bills or is it only the coin mech that makes the decision?

The conlux in the machine seems to function fine. When DBV does accept the $5 bill that one percent of the time, it gives correct change.

You do have the BA connected to the MDB cable?

1 Try setting escrow to E-S4

2 Go to test mode nA press button 1 Does it display “ndb”

3 Check your software version go to ” UErS” or it flashes on the display after power up.

Walta

You do have the BA connected to the MDB cable?

1 Try setting escrow to E-S4

2 Go to test mode nA press button 1 Does it display “ndb”

3 Check your software version go to ” UErS” or it flashes on the display after power up.

Walta

1. I have the escrow set to give change upon pressing coin return. People put in bills to get change for the snack machine beside it.

2. It registers as mdb

3. I will check the software version and get back to you.

Thanks.

I did not ask how escrow was set.

Try changing it to E-S4 at least temporary.

Walta

Maybe i wasn't clear. The escrow setting is E-S4. I was describing the condition i was in for the reason it is on ES-4 all the time.

I will try adding coins and getting them to go to cash box.

I am still unclear on some things. Does the SD-2 board help make the decision of whether a bill is accepted or rejected or is it soley up to the coin mechanism. Note this MDB set up, not the old style coin mech.

You are right try changing it to E S1.

Only the person who wrote this program knows all the factors involved in when to take what bills and why. When the first SIID came out no one was using 5 dollar bills on sodas and I don’t think the programmers gave it a lot of thought.

I have found often if you select the changer mode for escrow this will disable 5 dollar bill acceptance especially if you have early software.

Walta

My spidey sense has me thinking that your coin mech is set to keep a certain amount of change in the tube and you don't have enough quarters (or the coin mech doesn't think it has enough quarters) to give enough change back AND have enough change in the tube.

I would try swapping out mechs first as it is an easy thing to try.

My spidey sense has me thinking that your coin mech is set to keep a certain amount of change in the tube and you don't have enough quarters (or the coin mech doesn't think it has enough quarters) to give enough change back AND have enough change in the tube.

I have a coke machine that when I changed coin mechs it wouldn't take fives til I ran 5 dollars in quarters through it.Try that , it may work.

John

Problem solved.

I replaced the coin cartridge on the conlux 5 to one with 3 quarter slots (instead of 2 quarter and 1 dollar coin tube) made sure all 5 tubes were filled to the top. It took 3 $5's in a row so i guess i'm back on track.

Thanks for the help!

Archived