DN 501 on location what to pay

Shaun

HI,

I am new to vending so I am slowly trying to figure things out. I'm looking to buy a DN 501 on location. He says the machine is 7 years old and this is a small account. Maybe $40-$50 weekly sales. He is asking $900 for the machine and location. The machine is in good working conditon. Is this a good price? I'm not really worried about it being a small account. I just want something I can service one a month and make a few dollars. Thanks for any help.

501-E ? what kind of control board?

it will take you about 9 months to pay back your investment on the low end. $900 is a good deal for a 501E in good shape without location.

I would do it, assuming its in good shape, you can always move it.

$50/wk is a pretty slow account, though. I would put a 368 can machine in those type accts.

the upside is, if the 501 is vending cans you can prob get away with servicing it once a month.

whats the difference in the 501 & 501e? I know this has multi-price, 8 select bubble front. He sells can soda and monster drinks but he says you can sell bottles if you install shims.

8 select? As far as I know, all 501e's are 9 select.... 8 single-column selections with 1 double-column selection. If it is an 8 select, I am pretty sure it is NOT a 501e.

The 501 is the series of the model but the 501e IS the model. The DN 501e will vend cans and bottles, has the SIID board, and as far as I know, is all MDB.

Since you mentioned it is an 8 select.... I really wonder if it really is a 501 at all, let alone a 501e.

Before moving on... it is absolutely critical that you find out specifically what type of 501 it is. If I recall, a 501T is a much older machine that only vends cans and might even be single price.... and would probably be worth around $500. If it is 7 or 8 years old, it's probably a 501e but you REALLY need to check.... it's the difference between a winner and a loser (for $900).

501 is just the capacity as chris said theres different models, a 501T or 501R isnt worth nearly as much due to having less reliable electronics (they are multipriced tho). FWIW 501T and R models are 8 select. i believe chris is right the E model is a 9 select machine if i remember correctly.

501 is just the capacity as chris said theres different models, a 501T or 501R isnt worth nearly as much due to having less reliable electronics (they are multipriced tho). FWIW 501T and R models are 8 select. i believe chris is right the E model is a 9 select machine if i remember correctly.

I know for a fact that every 501e that I have ever seen is a 9-select but I am not sure if they didn't make some special 501e that is an 8-select with 2 double columns but I doubt it.

I know for a fact that every 501e that I have ever seen is a 9-select but I am not sure if they didn't make some special 501e that is an 8-select with 2 double columns but I doubt it.

501E are 9 select and can vend 20oz two deep

501T are 8 select. It is a can vendor. The two outside columns on the right are doubles and one on the outside left is as well. You could do a bottle but only 1 deep.

I also have S2-D boards installed in my old T models and have MDB harnesses.

So it sounds like he has a 501T can vendor

how did you upgrade the board?

They had S2-D boards in them when purchased them. I bought the MDB conversion cable and got rid of the ardac and 3 tube changer.

I always assumed it was a direct swap for the board... I do have one out of ten machines that has a S2 board in it.

What type of board did the 501T come with from the factory? I've never given it much thought as these are all i have experiece with!

Archived