sports arena -- do these still earn?

dogcow

I can pick up a sports arena for about $600.00 in good shape w/ warranty. I have never seen these in use. Do they still earn? This is a pretty ugly looking game IMO. are parts still available if so from where?

Is 600 a decent deal? it is from a reseller so I know it is not a *great* deal.

any info appreciated.

yes they do still make some money

but not compared to a good crane or Lai stacker

you can set each tier price level up to $20.00 prize cost per level of payout x8

there is light speed adjustment and direction as well as a winnablilty adjustment

i have 3 small sports arena and 1 giant sports arena ( been trying to sell the giant on ebay for 2 months)

I have a soruce for the bakelite light bulb sockets

they do make some money and add something diffrent to play for the kids

I use $8.00 mp3 players

angry birds keychains

angry birds 5 inch

light up toys

dvds and nom-noms as prizes

http://thearcadebone...e_manuals_s.php

here is a great place for manuals and you can preview the manual before you buy

bill

I use white zip ties and keychains to hang prizes from the hooks the keychains make sure the prize sensor switch is hit.

$600.00 is a bit steep, i usually sell them refurbished for $400.00 $450.00 with mars dba updated to new $5.00

if you do look at this one for $600.00 make sure it has the GLASS door for that price there are some with a cheep plexi door

Yes a Stacker will outperform this machine 10 fold

I just got 3 more stackers and 4 barbercuts from

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/11041-barber-cuts-and-stackers-for-sale/

and they are all in great shape and he is a nice guy and he might still have some more for sale

the stackers you will find out there may need some playfield lights replaced,

but i order them direct from LAI for $3.00 a cube x 105 cubes

I replace all the lights to new in about a hour with a desoldering gun and solder gun and my worktable

becomes tedious but its soo worth it for super bright lights

if you replace 1 light or just 1 panel the rest are dim compared to the new light... looks like crap that way

I usually hang a cutout from the box to a Xbox360... WII and a Kindle Fire Maybe a Ipod on the fourth high prize hook

I dont put the prizes inside just the faceplate to the box or the empty box

I print out a label with a watermark and a redemption code

if they win they must have the box.... the redemption code and i confirm the win and give them their prize via mail or in person at location

prevents people from prying open the machine for a real prize and i can confirm the win via the counters etc..

bill

Archived