scratched arcade screen plexi

dogcow

was cleaning my arcade game and there was some tape the old owner had put on the middle of the plexi that covers the monitor. not thinking i flipped over the sponge i was using and used the green abrasive side. Now there is a huge fogged/scratched area in the middle of the screen :(

any idea what I can do to fix this? do i have to replace the entire thing?

I was debating using a headlight restoration kit on it, the scratches are obviously not very deep but

i dont know what kid (if any ) can fill the scratches and actually make it look clear again?

the machine type is similar to a pacman but it uses plexi and not tempered glass over the screen and bezel

My initial thought before I read the entire post was headlight cleaning kit. Sounds like you're already thinking along that route. You might also want to check ebay for arcade machines being parted out, you might be able to find a cheap replacement.

i got a headlight cleaning kit from autozone, it came with polish and 2 sanding discs.

i thankfully tried it first on a test peice of plexi i scratched up using the sponge. it made it about

10x worse even after polishing

sometimes, taking the plexi piece to a local glass shop you can get tempered glass cut for about the same price as a new plexi piece cut.

and glass wont scratch, fade or haze like plexi does

bill

sometimes, taking the plexi piece to a local glass shop you can get tempered glass cut for about the same price as a new plexi piece cut.

and glass wont scratch, fade or haze like plexi does

bill

i was thinking about that, i'd much rather have tempered glass.

Archived