Loaded Down Truck

Shauna

So we were filling the first two new locations today. And it was a good thing there were only two. I thought our Blazer would get us through until the business would be able to buy a strictly "business" vehicle. Guess not. :-X

All this product, and it didn't even completely fill the machines.

The first pic is from the back. And no, that little dolly does absolutely nothing for this load unless we are moving one case at a time.

The second pic is from the front, right behind the front seats. No back seats in this truck anymore!

post-4182-0-25430600-1333167563_thumb.jpg

post-4182-0-21011300-1333167574_thumb.jpg

That's a good problem to have!

I am about 75% done with my step van that I have been working on. Once I get all of the shelving done, I will be ready to roll! It's going to hold approximately 20 cases of 20oz bottles and maybe 20 cases of 12oz cans and plenty snacks... probably 5-10 times more than my car ever would hold!

So we were filling the first two new locations today. And it was a good thing there were only two. I thought our Blazer would get us through until the business would be able to buy a strictly "business" vehicle. Guess not. :-X

All this product, and it didn't even completely fill the machines.

The first pic is from the back. And no, that little dolly does absolutely nothing for this load unless we are moving one case at a time.

The second pic is from the front, right behind the front seats. No back seats in this truck anymore!

Ahh yes..... growing pains.

That's a good problem to have!

I am about 75% done with my step van that I have been working on. Once I get all of the shelving done, I will be ready to roll! It's going to hold approximately 20 cases of 20oz bottles and maybe 20 cases of 12oz cans and plenty snacks... probably 5-10 times more than my car ever would hold!

As an example of what the future might hold for you, my Isuzu will hold 63 cases of 20oz, 16 cases of Monster/juice and 72 cases of 12 oz.as well as all the accompanying candy and snacks.

Ahh yes..... growing pains.

As an example of what the future might hold for you, my Isuzu will hold 63 cases of 20oz, 16 cases of Monster/juice and 72 cases of 12 oz.as well as all the accompanying candy and snacks.

When I worked for a company, I had to redesign my step van to hold the maximum product it could hold which involved completely removing all shelving out of 50% of the truck to leave space to pile bottles from the floor up. I designed it to hold 80+ cases of 20oz bottles, 60 cases of 12oz cans, and every other spot was reserved for whatever I could put into it. I was always stressed during the initial trip to my first stop.... but that stop took 50 cases of 20oz bottles by itself and about 20 cases of cans.

I probably came back with 10 cases of bottles and 10 cases of cans every day and had to reload, by myself, every morning. I don't think it would have been so bad if I were doing it for my own business and not someone elses! This was before I started my own though.

I use a large heavy duty all metal dolly, I can put 6 cases of 12 or 20 oz. soda on it. Problem is, the tires have to be aired up VERY well, or I can't move or turn anywhere!

That's heavy duty? :-O. I used a convertible dolly that held (the way I loaded it) 16 cases of 20 oz and 6 cases of cans + 2 buckets of snacks.

Also, have you tried foam-filled or solid-core tires? They NEVER go flat and don't have the issues you are talking about but... they add a few more pounds of weight to your dolly, cost significantly more, and don't take bumps very well... but as long as you don't have a super long distance from your truck to your machines on asphalt or something bumpy, they do great. I prefer paying the extra money and dealing with the extra weight cause I never have to worry about flat tires ever!

I gotta call B.S. on that. Are you serious?

I wonder how much $$$ that cargo is worth lol. Assuming 8 * 48ct boxes in each cardboard box... and those things cost like $26 each.. that's about $200~ per cardboard box... and lets say about 42 boxes per skid... $8400/skid.... omg....

I wonder how much $$$ that cargo is worth lol. Assuming 8 * 48ct boxes in each cardboard box... and those things cost like $26 each.. that's about $200~ per cardboard box... and lets say about 42 boxes per skid... $8400/skid.... omg....

$53,450.00...

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

post-1-13332860294064_thumb.jpg

Here's my truck loaded with candy bars!

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

Steve,

I thought you were going to keep it a secret that your running a multi million dollar vending busines. You made Sherlock and I sign those nondisclosure agreements and now your spilling the beans yourself.

Archived