DN 501 question

ASVG

Just bought a older DN 501. Its not incredibly old but not newer like my other ones. Has 8 selections. Rows 1,2, and 8 are all the larger rows where I can fit 2 rows of cans which is great. My only concern/issue/question is the other rows. I believe they had them set to vend bottles and I can do the same but prefer cans. But my issue is that even with bottles it seems I can only load one tier of cans or bottles, unlike my other machines where at minimum can do 2 rows deep. The part that turns on the bottom looks like it can only handle one bottle or can. Its basically moon shapped all the way through and just flips completely. I am wondering if anyone knows how to at least make it to go 2 rows deep? Maybe change the part that turns to a new part that is half and half to switch from front to rear row? Sorry it is kind of hard to explain and I should have taken pictures but unfortunitely I don't have any at this time. Let me know if anyone can help. I am assuming I could possibly be loosing money since I only have one row in each column as product will go fast. Thanks all in advance.

If you have a 501T it will hold cans 3 deep or 20 oz 1 deep.

the back wall is adjustable with spring loaded pins.

If it is set for bottles you will need to adjust the motor cams and maybe replace the shims.

Walta

Yeah make sure your spacers are back all the way to hold 3 cans. I believe pretty much all 501s have the same cabinet size overall but the primary difference is with the motors and column design. It probably is a 501-t but could be a 501-r. I am not familiar enough with either one to be able to tell you whether it is a t or an r. Last I heard, the r is can-only.

I'll have to take picture when Im there Tuesday because it is really hard to explain. The 3 rows hold cans like a charm but the remaining rows, it seems will not hold anything but one type of product with one row. I had to make an adjustment to the back plate since it would not reach close enough for one row of cans. If I load 2 or 3 deep and make a purchase it will dump all the cans sitting on the bottom part that rotates to dispense the cans. I'm thinking the guy had to possibly change out the part that rotates because I have never seen it before. And it looks like there is no way possible to even go 2 deep although I am about to fit 2 deep on bottles and 3 deep on cans. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them and hopefully someone will be able to help out or I'll just have to give in and get a repairman out there.

Ok. I took some pictures today. Had to go to my account because supposidly both my machines stopped working. Turns out the soda machine stoped taking bills, and only took change, then just went out completely, then started working fine. Strange. I tested all and all is good. My rowe snack machine wasnt working when I arrived. For some reason the display was blank. But I opened the door and it was in service mode fine. Strange. I dont know how but I finally got it to show the money display on the front when I closed the door. Not sure whats up there. Anyways here are the pics of the cams?. Any help on how I can set up to vend more than one row deep. At least 2 rows or 3 of cans like normal. Im stumped. But I dont have much experience with this machine.

I'm not 100% certain but is that thing a single-price machine? I noticed what appeared to be bottles in there.

Just judging by the picture, I believe you need to get some parts at the bottom which only allow 1 can to vend at a time... then you need to adjust the motors so that they only turn at each notch to allow 1 can out at a time. Sorry but adjusting machines between cans/bottles on older machines is not my expertise. I am much better with newer C/B vendors that can be changed simply by programming the machine. I am pretty sure you need to put those pieces in there to allow it to vend a can at each rotation point.

Archived