Dixie 276 and Monster

bcron

My Dixie 276E is already set up for cans...It looks like Monster is about the same diameter as regular pop cans so can I just adjust the back plate and put the cam to, I assume, 2 notches and vend the Monster in a 2-deep configuration?

I don't know about Monster... but I put Arizona Tea into a 501e that was set for bottles and it vends 100% as it should.

I am fairly certain that the width of the unit is only a factor in what type of shim you need and if you need one... while the length is a factor in whether the machine should be set for cans or bottles. What I am trying to say is... set the machine to vend 2 units per motor rotation and check into getting shims if you need them. I have not vended Monster out of a regular soda machine, only a glassfront.

I don’t see any reason it won’t work.

Give it a shot, test vend it a least 100 times with the door closed and let us know how it works.

Walta

I don’t see any reason it won’t work.

Give it a shot, test vend it a least 100 times with the door closed and let us know how it works.

Walta

100 times ??!1 I'd try it maybe 10 times but I'd rather deal with a service call than doing 100 test vends.

Would you rather disappoint a customer or waste 20 minutes of your time?

I know my answer but the one that matters is yours.

Walta

I would rather not disappoint my customer AND not waste 20 minutes of my time... which is why I would tell them that I will test it several times before I place the machine but I won't know how well it's going to work until I try it on location. I don't think 100 test vends is significantly better than 20 vends. The real test happens when it's actually in the field and there are those unaccounted-for variables that mess things up that don't occur in your shop!

OK, take it easy guys...I will be there tomorrow. I will try it two deep with the regular can shims and see what happens. I probably won't tell you guys how many times I test it just to keep out of the middle of it. ;) Thank you for the input though.

Archived