Where do you get your vending products?

Currently I have 3 soda machines, 2 three head bulk candy machines, a gumball machine and have as of yesterday purchased a snack machine for a potential customer.

I have been getting my soda and candy at my local Sam's Club. The soda costs around $0.27 a can. The bulk candy about $0.07 and ounce, and since I have the snack machine have been looking at snack food and candy.

Most of the snacks range in price from $0.13-0.60 each.

I have been doing the vending thing for less than a year.

My question here is ...

Are these decent prices?

Where do you get your product?

Prices sound about right. 50-55 for candy. 45-50 for pastry. 23-27 for chips.

Get it at Sam's, Costco, Vistar, Multi Snacks, Coke, Pepsi, Big Red and UNFI for "healthy" stuff.

I agree. Not only have I found that Sam's tends to have nearly identical or even better prices on almost everything you can get from there (compared to distributors) but you can order any quantity that you want without worrying about minimums.

Vistar, for example, will offer a much better selection of products but, from my past knowledge, their prices are slightly higher on most things (we are talking 1 or 2 cents usually, but it adds up). The key thing about Vistar is that, generally (again from past knowledge) their dates are better on items with short shelf lives AND their selection is far superior. If you don't plan on grossing more than around $1,000/week, based off of my math, I wouldn't even bother with a distributor... just stick with Sam's or whatever wholesale club you have.

I have found that walmart has better prices on canned pop than sam's club (1-4 cents a can), but you will have to buy 24 count cases instead of 36 packs.

I still buy my snack foods at sam's club.

Candy is expensive everywhere, so i go to the discount grocerys were they sell the nearly expired stuff for 25-35 cents a candy bar. I haven't noticed a difference in taste, but sometimes you have to sort through the pile to find ones that aren't broken. Candy won't sell in my machine if it is over 65 cents!! Cheapskates... :)

I have found that walmart has better prices on canned pop than sam's club (1-4 cents a can), but you will have to buy 24 count cases instead of 36 packs.

I still buy my snack foods at sam's club.

Candy is expensive everywhere, so i go to the discount grocerys were they sell the nearly expired stuff for 25-35 cents a candy bar. I haven't noticed a difference in taste, but sometimes you have to sort through the pile to find ones that aren't broken. Candy won't sell in my machine if it is over 65 cents!! Cheapskates... :)

So, do you sell the candy if it's after the expiration date?

I buy most of my frozen and dry goods (chips, candy bars, cup o soup, gums etc) from Costco business center. Sodas from Walmart. Pricing generally runs:

55 cents for candy bars..................I resell for $1

39 cents for chips (LSS Sizes)........I resell for $1

25 - 30 cents for sodas (cans)........I resell for 85 cents

60 cents for 16.9 oz bottle sodas....I resell for $1.50

$1 for 20 oz bottle sodas................I resell for $1.50

Travis

So, do you sell the candy if it's after the expiration date?

Well i have a very interesting market, they are employees on my farm, so i try to avoid selling expired product, but when i have, they say they don't care. Within reason of course. My products are cheaper than what they can by locally so I think that is why.

A lot of these candy items are not expiered, but are from gas stations and such that need shelf space for a new product, so they get rid of the ones that don't sell well.

I only have one snack machine. Most my focus is on pop sales. The snack machines are so much more work, i don't want anymore to deal with! This is just a hobby for me at this point.

Archived