Coins rejected

tshaas69

Have a Royal Vendors GIII was working fine untill today it is not accepting coins. Insert the coin and it shoots it right into the coin return.

What could my problem be?

Checked for error code...nothing

Checked for jam...nothing.

Everything seems to be in order but having trouble finding out what is wrong with the coin mech. Quantum 700 series made by Coinco model USQ-G702

If you have a spare coin mech, just swap it out and see what happens. If there is a coin-mech issue, the machine's board still may not know it. It could be something very simple like some kind of debris in the coin-mech or maybe some dirt/dust blocking the sensors and the mech is unable to read coins. I feel quite certain that your issue is a coin-mech related issue and I would just swap it out...

However, if you do not have one... first, make sure the machine isn't set to free vend. Assuming that it's not set to free vend, wipe the mech's sensors down a little and try again. There could also be an issue with a jam at the very bottom of the mech's tubes. Try to vend a few dimes, nickels, and quarters out to verify that the mech can give change. If it cannot make change, it will not take change... but this would lead to a "use correct change" light so I doubt it is an issue.

Ok unplugged machine for a few minutes. and I received an error code chanr...ts. Tube sensor error replace coin mech. This according to machine specs. The manual for the coin mech asked if light was on..yes...replace controller board..or check wiring harness...replace either...or coin mech. Ordered new coin mech so awaiting the delivery.

The machine however does accept bills and gives back change. Temporarily dollars only.

Ok unplugged machine for a few minutes. and I received an error code chanr...ts. Tube sensor error replace coin mech. This according to machine specs. The manual for the coin mech asked if light was on..yes...replace controller board..or check wiring harness...replace either...or coin mech. Ordered new coin mech so awaiting the delivery.

The machine however does accept bills and gives back change. Temporarily dollars only.

Those flow-charts that come with the machines aren't tell-all troubleshooting guides... they only lead you to the right (or best) direction. If it says check board or coin-mech, it's almost certainly a coin-mech issue. A board issue would most likely leave you with nothing working at all or a really serious problem. A faulty sensor on the coin-mech would cause coins to go straight through. I'm pretty sure your new coin-mech, assuming it works, will solve the problem in about 15 seconds.

UPDATE received a coin mech from a recycler on Ebay. Placed the new mech in the machine and the display on the machine read "ice.. cold... coca.. cola.. 0102... 32 degrees" Which threw me for a loop and instantly ticked me off since it should of read 50 cents not 0102. I then went to change the price and to my ever growing hatred for electronic devices it went up not by 5 cents but to 0269. I went down back to 0102 and then to 9546. Many expletives and slamming of the machine took place. I slid a coin in the slot and instantly threw it into the coin return. I tinkered around for a few more minutes trying to figure out WTF?

On a whim I decided to swap the acceptors. I placed the new acceptor in the old mech...repeat of above...add more expletives.

I placed the old acceptor in the new mech...beautiful machine works properly.

The only thing I can think of was the board in the old mech was bad and the board in the new acceptor is bad.

oh well works like it should now and may still be able to use a few more parts off the bad mech and acceptor.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

UPDATE received a coin mech from a recycler on Ebay. Placed the new mech in the machine and the display on the machine read "ice.. cold... coca.. cola.. 0102... 32 degrees" Which threw me for a loop and instantly ticked me off since it should of read 50 cents not 0102. I then went to change the price and to my ever growing hatred for electronic devices it went up not by 5 cents but to 0269. I went down back to 0102 and then to 9546. Many expletives and slamming of the machine took place. I slid a coin in the slot and instantly threw it into the coin return. I tinkered around for a few more minutes trying to figure out WTF?

On a whim I decided to swap the acceptors. I placed the new acceptor in the old mech...repeat of above...add more expletives.

I placed the old acceptor in the new mech...beautiful machine works properly.

The only thing I can think of was the board in the old mech was bad and the board in the new acceptor is bad.

oh well works like it should now and may still be able to use a few more parts off the bad mech and acceptor.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

I feel sorry for you that it didn't go so well! We have probably all been there. I recommend that you take your non-working mech and send it to a company such as Vendor's Exchange and have it repaired in proper fashion so that if the current one starts acting up, you can have a working one in stock and just swap it out. VE has been quite reliable for me but check around. It's good to have spare mechs on hand so you can fix a problem in as little as a few hours including your commute time.

What do they usually charge?

Off the top of my head, I don't know! The bill was sent via email and I had a few other things purchased at the same time so I really am not 100%. I believe what they do is charge a flat rate of about $45 for coin-mechs + parts. Assuming the coin-mech just needs tuned and new belts, I think it comes out to about $60 per coin-mech not including shipping. I think validators cost about $15 more but I haven't sent any validators to them.

Archived