State of the Forum Report

caserri

I thought I would start posting some of our stats here in case anyone is interested. As you can see, we are growing quite nicely and I appreciate everyones support.

Each month I will update this chart showing our numbers in key areas. Red highlighted cells are our record numbers for the given category.

Steve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

September's stats are interesting in terms of the heavy activity.  It looks like other vending forum(s) found out about us and took a look.  Make sense?

• 1 month later...

Come on gang!  Let's get them numbers up!!!

LOL!

Nice try John but we seem to be heading into the basement. The numbers for June are in and they don't look good.

I'll have them posted this weekend.

Steve

maybe people are busy with thier routes??

I am in Italy and will be for the next few weeks,but will be on more regularly after my vacationI have missed this place and I have been gone only a few days

.this is what I have been waiting for since I started my vending business:for me to be on vacation and I am still makeing money!!I love it.

Steve/members,

How do the new member numbers look in comparison to June's hit numbers?

What I think may be happening is that as the website gets older it has built up a real good database of information that can be found with a simple search.

Many of the members that have been around for almost a year have heard and know most of the answers to the question being asked by newbies. They are redirecting these newbies to links instead of talking to them like all you guys did when I started. I am on the site everyday at one time or another, and I can see this happening regularly. I have to catch myself at times. It would be easier to give them a link than write something all over again.

We can't forget how important it was when we started. We had so many questions to ask and never felt pushed off to a link to answer my questions. I don't know if this has any relevance to the state of this site, but it could be making new members feel unwelcome and unconnected at times.

Gary

Great point Gary.

I too am guilty of this. I did it today as a matter of fact. It's important that we treat each question with the respect it deserves. I know it can be difficult to keep answering things over and over but questions are asked for a reason and thats what we are here for. One thing I've also noticed is that opinions may change since the first time the question was asked and answered. Those links we so quickly provide may contain invalid or outdated information.

Steve 

• 3 weeks later...

Almost the end of the month folks. We are dangerously close to breaking 3 records this month.

• Visits
Keep it up guys and gals!

Steve

Very good Steve. All your hard work is starting to show.

Are we on for Saturdays meeting? Time?

If so can you put together an agenda?

Topics:

State of the business (Vendiscuss.com)

New servers and website enhancements

Vending Times article/story After release new visit expectations

Vote on MOTM & NOTM (July and moving forward)

Questions

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure we will see a decrease in page views and posts this month. I believe those numbers were inflated a bit due to our 1st birthday celebration on July 19th.

We had 250 posts and 9,000 page views on that one day alone! :shock:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...