Hi from Des Moines, Iowa

TownCop

Hi my name is Chris and I am from Des Moines, Iowa.

I do not have machines yet. But working on my plan and really wanting to start this off as a hobby and maybe into a sucessful hardworking part time career.

Are there anyone from my area that could gives a run down on who works and vends machines in our area?

Hi, Chris, I'm from the Cedar Rapids area. I'm only aware of one other board member from Iowa, and he'll be moving out of state soon. What type of vending are you wanting to start doing (bulk or full line)? If you're wanting to get started in bulk vending and looking for some good used machines, I can get you into contact with the board member who is relocating. He has several nice machines for sale and could probably give you some good advice about getting started. It would only be about an hour drive for you to stop by his place and pick some up if you're interested. He lives just a few miles away Interstate 80, it would be nearly a straight shot East from Des Moines.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have wanted to do both for longest time. But after putting down my business plan I decided I would stick to full line.

I been searching Craigslist, and eBay. I know few businesses that want my machines when I get them going. I like to have 24 medium/large clients by this year. Then into the 40s next year. If I can get 40 this year and have the equiptment, and time committment I will do it.

I'm trying find someone in soda / snacks business up here that could mentor me. I'm not looking step all over their market as their is a lot to go around. But seems vendors keep to themselves and hard to know who owns what.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have wanted to do both for longest time. But after putting down my business plan I decided I would stick to full line.

I been searching Craigslist, and eBay. I know few businesses that want my machines when I get them going. I like to have 24 medium/large clients by this year. Then into the 40s next year. If I can get 40 this year and have the equiptment, and time committment I will do it.

I'm trying find someone in soda / snacks business up here that could mentor me. I'm not looking step all over their market as their is a lot to go around. But seems vendors keep to themselves and hard to know who owns what.

Finding someone locally will be very hard. Full line operators (myself included) don't get very excited about training our potential future competition. There is a lot of good information here that you can use to get yourself going.

If you are really serious about this endeavor then I would suggest that you look up RJT here at TVF and get his book and maybe even consider engaging him as a consultant. There are a couple of threads from members that have used him and they have had nothing but good things to say.

Archived