any advice? going from part time to full bulk...

TKK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey jlm how many machines u got out now? And do u still have problems w the uturn 8 selects?

TKK around the same, but have switched things up a lot and sold off some u turns. But I am about to get about 30 or 40 more singles this month. As far as 8 selects, I still don't like them. They are dreadful. My goal is to have 100 or so spots by the end of summer. Me and you are moving in a good direction.

Nice. How much is it to make a basic website?

I was wondering that too.

I actually have a special offer just for vendors on here, you can read about it here

If you want some special design work done I am also happy to oblige just send me a PM with what you have in mind and I can give you a more accurate quote.

I bought

1 location apartment complex has a 40+ snack machine. I bought pop tarts. Snickers. Skittles. Hot cheetos. Funyns. Hot funyns. Fritos. Corn nits. Doritos. Bbq fritos. Mexican candy. Kit kats. Reeses. Pmnms. Cookies...thats not even half. She had records showing it makes 260-400 a week. While i was putting the snacks i noticed alot of people were coning to buy cokes and snacks. I left and came back 6 hrs later to do the coke machine and the snack machine had like 12 dollars in it already! The coke machine is a dixie narco. This place i got for 2300

The couple is very nice i spent all day w them learning what to buy and how to service etc.

I picked up one pepsi vendo machine its short like 5feet and like 4 feet wide. I also bought a taller cokecola machine a big 500 count pepsi machine and a dr pepper one too. All four for 2600. Everything works. Every slot.

The candy machine is a polyvend brand. The soda either dixie or vendo round fronts. Im very happy she still has more locations and machines but i want less machines and good accounts.

Ghese machines are crazy heavy!

I have a good feeling w this like a new start. Now i need locations and must be good ones because this isnt a 1800 triple you can just remove these are beasts! Piks to come.

200-400 a wk combined drink/snack or each ? its usually 60/40 drink & snack. sometimes it can be even more skewed

towards drinks. Also what are your snack prices? if its 200-400 combined i would try to beat the bushes for another

snack acct asap

the drink machines werent a great deal if they are single price machines, that is about 4x what i would pay for them

yeah the machines are heavy,welcome to vending

Haha yeah i wanted to try them lol and 200 each? I havent found any under 600. If you find me some working machines at 200 send me some ill pay you 300 each

Haha yeah i wanted to try them lol and 200 each? I havent found any under 600. If you find me some working machines at 200 send me some ill pay you 300 each

shipping from FL is probably over $200, but yes i can find those machines for $200 all day long. especially those ugly

old flat fronts.

if someone is asking $600, flash them $200 cash, they will take it.

Im sure in florida they are. If you can get me sone for 400 shipped ill take 8+

lol right im sure u would, u think im gonna front money, move and pallet up machines for free

lol puhhhleeeeze

I bought location more than equipment on that one...its awesome i went today my machine looks full so i got discouraged but i pulled 96$ from both machines! In 3 days!!

Coke was 44 and snack 54 and i lost sales a pop tart was stuck and the coins in the mech were jammed. I returned some lady a coke and she bought 2 more. She said most ppl buy them there to eat their food

TKK I just spent the past few minutes reading through this thread and am very impressed. I've seen your name pop up in bulk vending before and always just assumed you knew what you were doing from the beginning. I would love to talk to you and get some input on how you go about locating. I'm a 17 year old trying to get some extra cash together for college. I have 9 seaga triples and am hoping to expand after these are all placed at great locations. I've been pulling locations that make less than $15 a month because I figure it honestly just isn't worth it. I also strictly use pmm, skittles and gumballs, not sure if its the best idea to not step out of my comfort zone with the candy, but it definitely keeps things simpler, and these brands do sell well

TKK I just spent the past few minutes reading through this thread and am very impressed. I've seen your name pop up in bulk vending before and always just assumed you knew what you were doing from the beginning. I would love to talk to you and get some input on how you go about locating. I'm a 17 year old trying to get some extra cash together for college. I have 9 seaga triples and am hoping to expand after these are all placed at great locations. I've been pulling locations that make less than $15 a month because I figure it honestly just isn't worth it. I also strictly use pmm, skittles and gumballs, not sure if its the best idea to not step out of my comfort zone with the candy, but it definitely keeps things simpler, and these brands do sell well

17! Awesome start. I didn't start until I was 27 and wish I had started younger.

Wish I could help with the locating question, but my business model is strictly locators. (I know, I know. For me, I found that when I located myself, they sat in the garage longer than paying someone to find the location in 3 or 4 days and make money from them. Locating is just not my thing.)

I would say that in locations that have low sales, ask the employees what they buy. If they don't, ask what they would buy. I have a location that I didn't have regular M&M's in and I do now because that's what the employees wanted. That machine went from $10 a month to averaging $42 a month. Yes, it's easier to carry only 3 products, but I would rather have more profit and carry 5 or 6 different items. Just my 2 cents.

Nice well I'm locating on my own. It is hard and sometimes stressfull. I try networking a lot. I now have 4 snack machines and 5 coke ones

17! Awesome start. I didn't start until I was 27 and wish I had started younger.

Wish I could help with the locating question, but my business model is strictly locators. (I know, I know. For me, I found that when I located myself, they sat in the garage longer than paying someone to find the location in 3 or 4 days and make money from them. Locating is just not my thing.)

I would say that in locations that have low sales, ask the employees what they buy. If they don't, ask what they would buy. I have a location that I didn't have regular M&M's in and I do now because that's what the employees wanted. That machine went from $10 a month to averaging $42 a month. Yes, it's easier to carry only 3 products, but I would rather have more profit and carry 5 or 6 different items. Just my 2 cents.

I've worked with several locators, namely KickStart and LocatorsRUs, and out of the five or so locations I've received, online two have actually made more than $10 a month. I'm not sure if that's just luck of the draw or what, but I feel like I'm wasting time and money just to get crappy locations. If you are using someone else, PLEASE let me know who it is :)

Nice well I'm locating on my own. It is hard and sometimes stressfull. I try networking a lot. I now have 4 snack machines and 5 coke ones

Sorry for Hijacking the thread, just trying to get as much valuable information out of you guys as possible! Would you mind sharing your method of locating? I've personally done a mix of cold calling restaurants (using urbanspoon for a list of top restaurants) and other businesses, but I have also spent a bit of time going 'door to door'. The issue with that is that I run into the manager not being there at the time, and just having to call back anyway. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of locations are bringing in over $150 a month on a triple? I need to find myself one of those!

I've worked with several locators, namely KickStart and LocatorsRUs, and out of the five or so locations I've received, online two have actually made more than $10 a month. I'm not sure if that's just luck of the draw or what, but I feel like I'm wasting time and money just to get crappy locations. If you are using someone else, PLEASE let me know who it is :)

Sorry for Hijacking the thread, just trying to get as much valuable information out of you guys as possible! Would you mind sharing your method of locating? I've personally done a mix of cold calling restaurants (using urbanspoon for a list of top restaurants) and other businesses, but I have also spent a bit of time going 'door to door'. The issue with that is that I run into the manager not being there at the time, and just having to call back anyway. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of locations are bringing in over $150 a month on a triple? I need to find myself one of those!

You need a good locator if you use one. I used a few that stunk. But since i been using my guy, i been making ALL KINDS OF GAINS. Making lots of money with most of my spots.

Archived