gravel crane question?

dogcow

anyone here run gravel cranes (mp3 player,etc..) . does the gravel serve some function purpose? it seems like a huge mess i bought a used one and the gravel got everywhere ..

if its just for decorative purposes i was thking of using something like this instead

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Coins-Plastic-Pirate-Parties/dp/B0013OWG9A

but then i got to thinking maybe its functional, like it helps so the claw can get underneath the items?

not sure...any advice appreciated.

I could see it letting the claw be able to get under stuff. Is it actual gravel or is it like aquarium gravel. Aquarium stuff comes in all types and some aren't messy at all. Those plastic gold coins might work though if they were deep enough.

its so the claw can get under the objects or pick up flat bottom products

if it didnt have the gravel it would hit the bottom and usually the claw will fall over on its side. and grab sideways

the gravel is fishtank gravel and comes in diffrent colors

its a soft stop for the claw and to let the claw know when to close and go back upwards.

the coins may work. but would have to be at least 4-5 inches deep and thats a lot of coins

bill

plus sometimes you can use the gravel to weigh down gift cards with tags... i put the tag under the gravel so it has to pull out the tag too.

bill as usual very helpful thanks so much, guess i will stick with the gravel its just a big mess it gets everywhere

insiide the crane "box" during moving and requires to shopvac it out to switch back to plush

tried different types of plastic beads once, didn't work as jewelry would "sink" in, I suspect the coins might do the same, not to mention the cost. Gravel cranes with jewelry or mp3s can do well in the right place

I have a crane in a strip club..

i have free lapdance cards as prizes and free drink winners.. along with dvd and toys.

and i settle up with the strippers once a month.

And i seem to spend alot of time doing maintence on that crane... seems to break down alot... :-*

and needs refilled.. takes me forever to find the right keys.. i just dont understand why... ;D

bill

I have a crane in a strip club..

i have free lapdance cards as prizes and free drink winners.. along with dvd and toys.

and i settle up with the strippers once a month.

And i seem to spend alot of time doing maintence on that crane... seems to break down alot... :-*

and needs refilled.. takes me forever to find the right keys.. i just dont understand why... ;D

bill

in all seriousness how does it do? whats ur split and avg cogs

well it does the same as a busy eatery around $500 gross a month

the drinks i get a deal on and the dances are set...

its $10.00 to the strippers for each dance. with $5.00 of that goes to the house.

and after the frist week-s i had to explain to the girls that i would pay them every month

when i come in to refill and not every nite and not to worry... they were kinda skittish at first calling me at 3 am

to trade in thier dances thinking they were not going to be paid etc..

you have strippers calling your house asking for money at 3 am

you better have a strong willed and understanding wifee. or girlfirend...

bill

• 1 month later...

this is old thread but i gotta comment..

I use sea shells in my gravel cranes,,play action is good and claw sinks in good..I bought 4 tons of them from the phillipines(a importer in LA got them for me) ..The come in 5 kg bags and i have bunch left ..they are a good mix of small shells and died pink,blue yellow etc..The kids actually play for the shells and if they fall down the chute the kids grab them like they are the prize..

if you want some i can get some together..they cost me like 3 bucks a kilo shipping and all..it takes about 15 kilos for good depth in 31"crane..

you pay shipping or come pick up..Ill take a pic and post it in a few here

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

yeah id be interested i had to clean out a gravel crane at one spot it was an absolute nightmare

gravel got everywhere down where the board is...took forever to get it all out. PM me if you can get some

Archived