Treasure Chest claw/capsule/candy

ToddWebb

I just purchased a (2-year-old?) unused Treasure Chest crane. Haven't yet picked it up.

1) What capsules do you suppose will work with that? I'm looking at A&A 4" caps versus eggs. I want to stuff them with LEGO pieces.

2) Is there a recommended conversion kit to swap the claws with candy scoop?

Thank you boardmembers,

Todd

post-4409-0-95985300-1338303986_thumb.jpg

hey todd ive seen this one too, any chance u could ship me the other ones has? i would

pay you the cost + shipping they just need to be palleted and freighted.

if so shoot me a pm!

thanks

also to answer your question you will need a candy claw/coil

contact coast to coast entertainment about that, they have replacement claws

for these games. it will run you about $100.00 a candy claw can pick up 2" caps

or 1" caps/self vend mix depending on how you adjust the claw with the mechanical adjustment

getting it to pick up a single 2" cap is tricky and requires a lot of tinkering with the voltage + rings

to get it right but it can be done.

I need you to let me know where on the main board the dba connects.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I need you to let me know where on the main board the dba connects.

on that particular unit?

the validator sits on the coin line using an adapter. that is to say if your coin acceptor is plugged in, the validator just goes in series with the coin acceptor. let me know if this isnt clear

It has two coin acceptors and both are plugg in. I am going to either cut a hole or put in a door made for one coin and a DBA. Are you saying that the DBA connects into the coin line? What adapter do I need to plug in to it.

Wiring it will depend on what aacceptor model u have

U will need to splice a connector in the coin line

But also u will need power which varies depending on

The acceptor model. Most likeley u will need a mars molex

Connector for a mars or ict val but those use different voltage so just cause the conector fits doesn't mean ucan plug in any adapter

I just purchased a (2-year-old?) unused Treasure Chest crane. Haven't yet picked it up.

1) What capsules do you suppose will work with that? I'm looking at A&A 4" caps versus eggs. I want to stuff them with LEGO pieces.

2) Is there a recommended conversion kit to swap the claws with candy scoop?

Thank you boardmembers,

Todd

Was this from the guy near Houston TX? I'm thinking about sending the guys down there in the truck to get the rest of what he has.

dogcow, I apologize, I just now saw your post - and I'm already back home after picking up my unit (9 hours round trip). But regardless, there's no way I could have picked up another. I purchased the one I won on eBay plus another identical. One inside my small SUV, and one on top. So I would not have been able to help.

Here's the link to the unit I won for $800: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251067772726

And when that guy says new, he means that baby is NEW! The power cords were still strapped in, the claw units were still zip-tied into place from the manufacturer. Wow! Just minor scratches in the artwork. I am super-psyched.

The cranes were like Phase 3 of my plan - I meant to have in 2013. I may try to use these this August, if I can find enough LEGO to fill them before then.

dogcow, thank you for the tips on the claw options.

Todd

• 3 weeks later...

Archived