its mounted near the door latch inside

post a picture of the board and we can help you figure it out

post  pictures of the mainboard and the power supply board

and also the sound and rope board your talking about

bill

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20140101_202223_zps9ce1cec9.jpgOkay, perhaps I am grasping where my confusion is coming from,
This is the board I believe you guys are calling a "power supply" calling it a power supply threw me off I always saw the transformer in things as the power supply since it is what receives the power from the wall socket and gives the power to the components in the machine....however whatever you name this board I believe a new one would fix me right up.......you can see where it lost one cap and with close inspection I cant say the other cap isn't leaking and then that IC is all corroded.
You can see the caps to adjust volume and rope speed on this board, the truth is the machine did work a few times for me but not "right".

Not getting the horse ahead of the cart on fixing my machine but
I read in this thread some would play the theme to jaws can mine be made to do that?

So many thanks!!!!
Cheers,
P.

20140101_202223_zps9ce1cec9.jpgOkay, perhaps I am grasping where my confusion is coming from,

This is the board I believe you guys are calling a "power supply" calling it a power supply threw me off I always saw the transformer in things as the power supply since it is what receives the power from the wall socket and gives the power to the components in the machine....however whatever you name this board I believe a new one would fix me right up.......you can see where it lost one cap and with close inspection I cant say the other cap isn't leaking and then that IC is all corroded.

You can see the caps to adjust volume and rope speed on this board, the truth is the machine did work a few times for me but not "right".

Not getting the horse ahead of the cart on fixing my machine but

I read in this thread some would play the theme to jaws can mine be made to do that?

So many thanks!!!!

Cheers,

P.

Where was it mounted? Inside coin door on the right? Did it have a cover ?

if you are standing in front of the crane as if to play it, looking at the where the candy/prizes would be, to the left behind the chute that candy/prize is dropped in but under the playfield, I had to get at it from the hole where the money box is, if you have the trap door board closed this board hangs beside it to the left behind the candy chute,

But where it is located comes in second to the wquestion does it match the one you have to replace it with, because if I find a new one I will relocate it to a better place anyway,

if you are standing in front of the crane as if to play it, looking at the where the candy/prizes would be, to the left behind the chute that candy/prize is dropped in but under the playfield, I had to get at it from the hole where the money box is, if you have the trap door board closed this board hangs beside it to the left behind the candy chute,

But where it is located comes in second to the wquestion does it match the one you have to replace it with, because if I find a new one I will relocate it to a better place anyway,

Is there a power supply in the coin door to the right ? If not someone may have made changes to it

if you are standing in front of the crane as if to play it, looking at the where the candy/prizes would be, to the left behind the chute that candy/prize is dropped in but under the playfield, I had to get at it from the hole where the money box is, if you have the trap door board closed this board hangs beside it to the left behind the candy chute,

Is there a power supply in the coin door to the right ? If not someone may have made changes to it

Here is another picture, this shows my main board on the inside of the trap door,

The smaller board I posted pictures of above, the one you guys are calling a power supply was located under the playfield to the left ( looking at it, see the mounting holes....) of that trap door board, I had to get to it from inside the coin box access hole,

Now my big old question is do you have that small board I need to get my machine working?

candycranemainbaord_zps49bd7df8.jpg

Many thanks!

Sorry if I am being redundant, as I didn't read this entire thread, however, when I saw that picture of the motherboard standing upright on the access door I remembered calling Ron @ S&B, a few years ago, about getting a replacement motherboard. He informed me that there is a tilt circuit built into that board and when it is standing up in this manner the game will not function. I believe the symptom was that any credit was instantly deleted.

20140101_202223_zps9ce1cec9.jpgSorry if I am being redundant, as I didn't read this entire thread, however, when I saw that picture of the motherboard standing upright on the access door I remembered calling Ron @ S&B, a few years ago, about getting a replacement motherboard. He informed me that there is a tilt circuit built into that board and when it is standing up in this manner the game will not function. I believe the symptom was that any credit was instantly deleted.

ED8it,

I say it with no offense meant and with respects to all, I have done it myself on other forums I own, mod or post to, all but I believe what you said about not reading all posts or the whole post is a cruse of net forums, people miss stuff,
I feel like I have been posting the same thing over and over,

I agree with you the trap door must be closed for it to work, they didn't want the scoop/claw to grab and short out electrics on the board.

But my problem is this that i posted before, and someway added here to your post...weird forum functions....
Anyway my little board, called a power supply here, it has burnt bad parts, I need a new one, doesn't really matter where it is in the machine if a person has one that looks just like it I know it will work.....

• 1 month later...

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. I too have one of these machines with issues. Mine is that upon plugging the machine in, the claw immediately energizes. I'm sure I just need to change one of the large transistors on the edge of the board, but I am unsure of which one. I'm in desperate need of a schematic, or maybe even a used board. I had this repaired by S&B sales a few years back & they charged me over $200.00 for the repair. I have contacted them about helping me with this issue, but no dice. Anyone?

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. I too have one of these machines with issues. Mine is that upon plugging the machine in, the claw immediately energizes. I'm sure I just need to change one of the large transistors on the edge of the board, but I am unsure of which one. I'm in desperate need of a schematic, or maybe even a used board. I had this repaired by S&B sales a few years back & they charged me over $200.00 for the repair. I have contacted them about helping me with this issue, but no dice. Anyone?

As you see from my posts I have been just about out right begging for manuals schems , and even to buy parts to get mine going,
I have posted all the info needed and taken pictures, people say they will help but I guess it's just forum talk because you see how old my last post is and no one has come through yet but I stay hopeful.
Sad to me, I really wanted one of these cranes and thought I got a great deal but now it's just a piece of room art since it does work,
My first move will be to try to replace the burnt caps then if that works cool I got lucky then if it doesn't I guess I have to use boards from some other more supported machine and Frankenstein mine to work,

As you see from my posts I have been just about out right begging for manuals schems , and even to buy parts to get mine going,
I have posted all the info needed and taken pictures, people say they will help but I guess it's just forum talk because you see how old my last post is and no one has come through yet but I stay hopeful.
Sad to me, I really wanted one of these cranes and thought I got a great deal but now it's just a piece of room art since it does work,
My first move will be to try to replace the burnt caps then if that works cool I got lucky then if it doesn't I guess I have to use boards from some other more supported machine and Frankenstein mine to work,

Posting manuals can get sites sued  without permission 

if you would have emailed... S&B they would send you one for $xx.. or free...

http://www.candyandtoy.com/contents/en-us/d66.html

http://www.candyandtoy.com/index.html

If you email...S&B They will help you

the picture of the board you think is something important..

but all it looks like to me is a rope light controller board.. with sound activation.

we tried to explain that there is only xx parts to a AGE crane

A power supply  (located right next to the switches inside the coin door  mounted vertically big metal heatsinks and its not what you pictured..

A motherboard    (you pictured and looks right)

A sensor mounted on the exit shaft.. 

A trolley with claw..

1 120 volt light fixture.. 

rope lights... doesnt matter does not effect play

coin door and joystick..

bill

contact ron blue with all your questions or email them so you don't waste their day on a phone 

For information on rebuilds or repairs, please call Ron Blue at: (314) 588-7103 or Toll Free from Outside Missouri at 800-773-0531.

Posting manuals can get sites sued  without permission 

if you would have emailed... S&B they would send you one for $xx.. or free...

http://www.candyandtoy.com/contents/en-us/d66.html

http://www.candyandtoy.com/index.html

If you email...S&B They will help you

the picture of the board you think is something important..

but all it looks like to me is a rope light controller board.. with sound activation.

we tried to explain that there is only xx parts to a AGE crane

A power supply  (located right next to the switches inside the coin door  mounted vertically big metal heatsinks and its not what you pictured..

A motherboard    (you pictured and looks right)

A sensor mounted on the exit shaft.. 

A trolley with claw..

1 120 volt light fixture.. 

rope lights... doesnt matter does not effect play

coin door and joystick..

bill

contact ron blue with all your questions or email them so you don't waste their day on a phone 

For information on rebuilds or repairs, please call Ron Blue at: (314) 588-7103 or Toll Free from Outside Missouri at 800-773-0531.

bill, thanks for trying to help,

and all respects to you i would never contact or do business with a company who sees a call on the phone as wasting their day, not some arrogant ego trip on my part but my time is just as valuable and my money is just as green...

I thought AGE was defunct out of business who would sue someone for sharing the manual with me, I do afterall own the crane.

I agree the part I pictured appears to be the sound and speed controller for the rope light, but I thought and i could be mistaken someone in this thread said that it's the power supply.

Now I have been working on things with power supplies / transformers for over 35 years not saying I know it all, I learn something new daily but here is a picture of the inside of my door, I followed the power wire that you plug into the wall it goes into the large pc board that i also have a picture of the power from wall is going in that big wire plug at bottom of board on trap door,

So i didnt see anything that looked like a power supply to me, any help will be hailed.....no, the black cable leaving the door doesnt go to a power supply as you describe it.....could it be mine is different or modded?

cranedoor_zps3546fd30.jpg

candycranemainbaord_zps49bd7df8.jpg

Havending sadly in this case you and bill are mistaken as far as my machine goes and Lancaster is on target,

The power supply/transformer is right on the bottom on the main mpu board just as he said,

Nothing in my machine looks like the picture you posted and there isn't anything left I didn't post a pic of...so confusing....but that "thing" marked 9048 is a transformer or some would call it power supply.

cranetransformer_zpsfbcb6984.jpg

I posted a picture of it and my crane perhaps we are talking about different cranes, but back to square one, I still have no clue why mine will not work.....but now I do have a transformer to test....not a problem to replace if bad.....

crane_zpsa845381b.jpg

I have one of these darn challenger candy cranes to..it came out of an old skating rink.. guy said the board is bad.. I havent really messed with it as its been sitting in storage at my shop for over 2 years..I do know when you plug it in it makes a VERY annoying noise.. guess Ill have to sit down and see if I can fix her sometime..

Archived