STEPS TO LOCATING SUCCESSFULLY

marzvending

i was wondering what are the steps to placing anykind of machine

do i locate first?

then buy the machines? or buy a machine then take to different places to try to get it placed?

do i get insurance on the vending machines when there located or before?

what paper work do i need to take to the business owner that im placing the machines at?

im confused i would like sort of a sheet with a checklist what to do first then last?? ANYONE KNOW OR HAS INFO...THANK YOU I WANT TO BE REALLY PREPARED AND PROFESSIONAL WHEN TRYING TALKING TO BUSINESS OWNERS..

I DONT WANT TO BE TOLD A QUESTION AND NOT KNOW THE ANSWER... THANK YOU

I'm a beginner and by no means an expert, but I've located 12 of my 20 (used locators for the others-first choice and locators r us).

In the course of locating I've never been asked about insurance. The only papers I carry with me are fliers with my business name, pictures of my machine, products, and contact information.

I've also never located unless I have machines. I usually carry a loaded machine and bring it in. That way if I get the location I leave the machine. I think some folks might locate without machines. I never have.

I hope this helps.

I think unless your trying for a rack spot keep a machine with you ready to go when you want to locate. It allows you when you get a yes to move in right away no hesitation. If not then someone might think well do we really need that here. It kind of helps close the deal.

I've found a good way to do this is have a few machines and then locate them. I don't like having too many machines on hand as my space is limited, and I don't like the idea of having a spot without a machine in it- there's no money in that. I buy used machines, so every month I get a few odds and ends machines and send them out, then repeat the process. For a small, part-time operation like mine, it works wonderfully. However, if you want to go big, you may want a faster/more targeted strategy.

Good luck!

i was wondering what are the steps to placing anykind of machine

do i locate first?

then buy the machines? or buy a machine then take to different places to try to get it placed?

it depends if the machine is small and cheap enough to warrant buying it first , it is certainly easier to get

a "yes" and then pull the machine out and place it on location. also the DM can see the machine. With fullsize and amusement games

(cranes, video games) this is not really cost effective. so get some pictures of what it looks like tell them it will be

2-3wks to get the equipment ready for the location?

im confused i would like sort of a sheet with a checklist what to do first then last?? ANYONE KNOW OR HAS INFO...THANK YOU I WANT TO BE REALLY PREPARED AND PROFESSIONAL WHEN TRYING TALKING TO BUSINESS OWNERS..

I DONT WANT TO BE TOLD A QUESTION AND NOT KNOW THE ANSWER... THANK YOU

that comes from practice every time i blow a closing (and its happened a lot) i sit in the car after with a pen and

notebook and do a "post mortem" on the meeting, what could i have done to close the deal. how could i have answered

their questions more effectively, or overcome their objections

sometimes its nothing that can be done, some people just cant be convinced, or they dont like

me personally. but often times this reveals effective strategies ive used going forward. in some cases

you can just say i dont know, ill have to check on it and let you know.

always remember , you can go back weeks or months later, many times they wont even remember you

I've found a good way to do this is have a few machines and then locate them. I don't like having too many machines on hand as my space is limited, and I don't like the idea of having a spot without a machine in it- there's no money in that.

I do it the same way, I get a YES I want the machine on hand to put in immediately before they can think about it.

• 4 months later...

I do it the same way, I get a YES I want the machine on hand to put in immediately before they can think about it.

Maybe I should be bringing a machine with me. These are my first machines so I dont even have any product yet, I was going to wait to see where they landed before I bought so I could buy to suit the location(s).

Just to add a question to this conversation, I was wondering about calling ahead. I have gone out twice and found myself driving around only to find out that 90% of the locations I visited had managers out. I have a list of my potential places and have tried to write down the names of managers and when they will be in, but maybe it is more effective to call around first.

Just be careful, I bought 4 Machines 6 months ago (snack/soda combo machines) and have been to and called over 100 locations and am now sitting on almost $25,000 worth of machinery! But in saying this I live inLos Angeles county and most buildings have been using the same place for many years now. So if your able to find an area with new building going up you might have better luck than I'm having at the moment! Good luck in your endeavor!

Archived