charity question

thevendingguru

I have question about an annomous charity that I have some concerns about.

All of my machines are located with stickers from this charity. What always ends up happening is that when the charity decides it is time to renew the stickers, the charity charges an amount to my credit card. This amount varies throughout the year and I am not told when or how much they charge until I see the total on my statement.

What I have started doing is buying prepaid mastercards and providing the charity with this prepaid number.

I have no problem paying what is owed, but I would appreciate the charity telling me how much they are going to charge and for how many stickers they are charging for, before they charge it. Just for my own records, I would like to know the total amount owed. The charity is not and has not been forthcoming with the amount, and they keep asking for a valid credit card number, while I keep telling them that I will provide a valid credit card number after they provide me with an amount or invoice for the total amount owed. This game just goes back and forth and I am getting annoyed.

Has anyone else had this problem? Would a different charity be something to consider?

if your paying for up front That is fine but most will let you also set up a monthly payment from your checking account or credit card. If you have a bunch of locations That is what I would transition to. It will go up a few bucks a month until you get everything straightened out. Right now I just pay up front but once I start having a steady cash flow I that is what I plan on doing.

I would be very concerned about the legitimacy of this charity. I would never use any charity that would not provide an invoice or proper tax paperwork. I would advise you to avoid giving them any more $$ or info and move to a verified charity such as the NCCS.

Archived