What's a Tomy worth?

Rick

Checking online, sounds like a real good deal if it has keys and all works. If you don't want it I might drive over to try and get it.

I will definitely post here if I have to pass.

UPDATE: The machine was very much in working order, great condition and still had 40-50 2in. capsules of Disney Princess product in one of the four heads, so I pulled the trigger.

If anybody reading this has experience with the Tomy Gacha and is willing to answer questions, I'd be very grateful if you would PM me or feel free to chime in here. In my research it looks like distributors are all over the board in terms of pricing. Do ALL 2 in. toys work in the Tomy machines? The guy I bought it from warned me that you want to stick with product with a little weight to it, otherwise these machines have been known to not have product fall through the plastic guard - resulting in one kid getting nothing and the next kid that comes along gets a 2-for-1.

To those with experience, any suggestions for a distributor? Hot product? The guy that sold me the unit specifically mentioned two products "Hood Hounds" and "Disney Princess anything" will fly out of the machine. Any others? Thanks!

I wouldn't want one. Used to operate some and am glad those days are behind me.

This kind of post is useless.

Nothing against you, but imagine if our roles were reversed. Imagine you bought a new machine and took the time to ask for feedback, what's good or bad aspects of it, suggestions for product, etc. and I replied, Wouldn't want one, glad I don't have to deal with that headache anymore.

Would you find that helpful?

Ya I understand. The entire machine is of poor quality compared to other machines like oak or nw or even aa.

Some product displays won't fit. It's a pain to load. They are almost never level usually they wobble like a table with a missing leg. The benefit is low cost and plastic doesn't rust.

A Tomy is a great unit. I have had as many as 100 of them out at one time. But sold some locations with them in it and I'm down to around 60 or so. All of mine are around 10 years old and still look nice the plastic cleans up nice. He is right about using weighted product. The AA hybird stuff wont work well.

The back of the cash boxes have a hasp use a pad lock on them because they all have the same key code. If the sides have or get scratches take off the top display and swap the units so that the good side it on the outer part.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Great stuff guys, I appreciate the feedback. Especially padlocking the coin holders and switching the units to hide the scratches and dings - two things I NEVER would have thought to do. Much appreciated.

Archived