Dixie Narco 368 giving out free sodas

bil10219

My customer called yesterday to tell me that my Dixie Narco 368 was giving out free sodas. He noticed an employee holding down one button and touching a second button. Each time it would vend a soda. Any advice?

Thanks in advance. Bill

Went to the site. It appears that employee was just pressing down one button in particular - the Diet coke after putting in the money. Each time it would vend a soda. If I hit another button it would vend that selection then stop giving free ones. Could this have something to do with the motor switch? I monkeyed around with it and it stopped doing it. If it happens again, I was thinking about replacing the switch and seeing if that fixes it.

I havent heard back from them but I'm not sure what I did to fix it? Has anyone ever had that situation where someone was just pressing down one button like - the Diet coke after putting in the money and each time it would vend a soda? Do you think it is caused by the switch?

Sounds like credit switch on the diet Coke is failing replace the whole set of switches.

When this happens if you select Diet Coke you get one but the credit is not removed and you can empty the Diet Coke selection but if you select any other flavor you get one can and no more until you insert more money.

Walta

The old stitch likely has silver contacts inside the switch that have tarnished over the last 25 years. So the just a little movement may change how the contacts hit and it may work again for some time.

Please replace all the switches attached to that motor.

Walta

The old stitch likely has silver contacts inside the switch that have tarnished over the last 25 years. So the just a little movement may change how the contacts hit and it may work again for some time.

Please replace all the switches attached to that motor.

Walta

Walta is correct. You can take an emery board and hit it across the contacts a couple of times but not real hard and change the angle of how the contacts hit and it will buy you some time. Eventually that wont help either but it will keep it working for the time being.

We use to do the same thing to electro mechanical phone switching equipment back in the 70s. Overtime carbon builds up on the contacts.

Wow I am showing my age now. Next week I will tell you how a rotary phone works!!!!! LOL

Walta is correct. You can take an emery board and hit it across the contacts a couple of times but not real hard and change the angle of how the contacts hit and it will buy you some time. Eventually that wont help either but it will keep it working for the time being.

We use to do the same thing to electro mechanical phone switching equipment back in the 70s. Overtime carbon builds up on the contacts.

Wow I am showing my age now. Next week I will tell you how a rotary phone works!!!!! LOL

were you there for the first flight and the first wheel to? ;D

John

were you there for the first flight and the first wheel to? ;D

John

As a matter of fact I was actually suppose to pilot the first flight, but i was busy that day so these two brothers showed up and volunteered to do it.........

Single prices' work like this. Insert proper coinage, the coin mech allows the vend relay to charge, then when you make a selection, the selection switch creates a circut and discharges the relay to turn the motor. Could be the selection switch that behind the selection button, or the vend relay that up near where the jones plug is pluged in. You can hear it charge when you put in the right amount of coins..

Vend relay would not cause only one selection to mess up. If I where you I would look at the micro switch on the Dt. Coke selection replace it and see if that does not solve the problem. Also look at the little spring on your vend motor on trhe brake assymbly to see if it has fallen off and may be missing.

Archived