JPVending first pull

jpvending

Only have one machine out so far and it's been out 2 weeks so.checked it today.

3.75 Boston Baked Beans

2.25 Runts

4.25 PMM's

10.25 total

What's funny is that the Runts looked further down than the others but had the least quarters. It wasn't as full to begin with so hard to tell for sure. Added more Runts so they were all even. Will check again in a couple weeks.

This is at a small pizza place with a 2 head right next to it. So prob not bad but I am a little disappointed. Need to get more machines out.

Next time run a quarter though and check the vend portion. I always check before I place a machine my vend size. It could be the wheel is vending to large a portion. I would check that on your next visit.

10.25 is not a bad number for 2 weeks. 20 bucks a month Is a ok stop in my book. Of course I don't have a very thick book yet.

Good luck in finding quarters as you grow.

Always check your vend size at location. This serves 2 purposes: 1 you check the vend size (number of fended pieces and 2 by placing quarter in machine you verify that the machine works properly. Also $20 for two weeks is not bad. Average per is head is something like $7 per head. I think you are right on schedule to have a $20 stop and that is pretty good in my book. As you grow you will find out that some locations will be $20/mon. Others will be $5-10/mon and still others will be $40+/mon. Don't get discouraged that $10 for two weeks is low. Your right on schedule. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more positive results in the future.

Thanks for the encouragement. Just starting slower than I'd hoped. Thought placing the machines would be easier. Beginning to wonder if buying a route would have been better. Guess I need to focus on the long term. I still believe it can work - just need to get more machines out there. I did give First Choice a call and have them locating 2 machines for me. And Kickstart has one machine to locate. If those all come through then I'll probably have them place more machines.

Thanks for the encouragement. Just starting slower than I'd hoped. Thought placing the machines would be easier. Beginning to wonder if buying a route would have been better. Guess I need to focus on the long term. I still believe it can work - just need to get more machines out there. I did give First Choice a call and have them locating 2 machines for me. And Kickstart has one machine to locate. If those all come through then I'll probably have them place more machines.

Yea that sounds good. This month I should do ok and when I add the few stop I am buying in a few weeks it should be even better. Out of the profits put 25% into purchase of machines and locating. 25% for a cash reserve to buy existing routes.

Very good start! 10.25 is great for two weeks, if that keeps up you are looking at $20+ a month Personally I consider anything between 15-20 to be good and anything under 10 bad. I had a locator give me a location two weeks ago I checked it Friday and had .75 cents (LOL) so that one is being moved this week. Keep up the good work this is not a get rich quick scheme it takes time, hard work, patience, persistence, willingness to learn, and some luck! Don't give up just keep building as you can. Save your money and look for good routes when you get some cash tucked away.

Yeah .75 would not be worth keeping a machine there. :) Thanks for the encouragement. I did get another location at a Chinese Buffet. Will place it today. Hoping it will do as well as the pizza place. Ordered two more locations from a different locator but haven't heard anything yet. Also called a locator off of CL and this guy locates in person and charges the same as the telemarketer ones. He doesn't do charity...but commission. So I sent him a list of everything I have to place (including sticker machines and pepsi machine) and he is supposed to send back a price quote. Obviously he'd do it all at one time. SO a huge cost up front (both the locating and filling all machines) but at least then all machines are out and making $$.

• 3 weeks later...

Next two week pull on same machine (pizza location)

Runts $1.75

Boston Beans $2.75

M&M's $3.50

$7.50 total

Not quite as good as the first two week pull of $10.25 but still $17.75 overall for the month which is a good start.

I need to collect on my second machine (been out almost 3 weeks). And I got notification today that Kickstart found me a 3rd location. So it's slowly growing. :)

My go to of choice so far is MMP I vend about 6. M&I or skittles skittles about .4 of an Oz and M&I about a .6 of an oz and then just kind of rotate the third one untill I find out what seems to sell in that location. Hight price item with two lower price items helps lower your overall COGS. See what sales are next month and if not great then pull the BB and start by replacing that. Or pull it and if you can change the Wheel and vend some BB or GB out of the machine.

Whats your take on swapping out the Runts for something like polar mints or dentyne ice at places like a restaurant? Polar mints are easy to find in bulk, but DI not sure where to get..

• 1 month later...

Ok, did almost a full run of all vending machines this week.

Stop 1 - Bar and Grill Place Peanut M&M's 10.50, Runts 7.00, Boston Baked Beans 2.50 = 20.50 total (this was for 10/7-10/19...WOW)

Stop 2 - Chinese Buffet Peanut M&M's 8.00, Runts 5.00, Boston Baked Beans .75 = 13.75 total (full month)

Stop 3 - Apartment Complex (this one is one I bought and it was empty of candy and no $ in it). Will fill and see how it goes next month.

Stop 4 - TINY mexican place Peanut M&M's 1.25, Skittles 2.00, Reeses .25= 3.50 total (this is another I bought - candy was old and cracked...maybe fresher candy will mean better sales next month?)

Stop 5 - Bar #1 Plain M&M's 1.00, Reeses 3.25, Skittles 12.00 = 16.25 total (9/30-10/19)

Stop 6 - Bar #2 Almonds .25, Hot Tamales 5.50, M&I 5.25, Skittles 4.75, Reeses 1.75, Peanut M&M's 7.50=25.00 (two three head machines here 9/30-10/19)

Stop 7 - Chinese Takeout Place M&M Plain 6.75, Peanut M&M .50, Mints 1.50 =8.75 (one I bought...PMM were empty, mints were stale)

Stop 8 - Pizza Place (didn't write down but around 14 total)

Stop 9 - Small Chinese Place (didn't write down but was around 5 total)

It is slowly growing. I'm surprised at the month to month changes. Last two months my pizza place has done close to 20. Not sure why it was down this month. Actually, it might be because of fall break - so none of the school employees would have been going out to lunch? It's a small town so that could make a difference.

I'm finding that bars are my goldmines. Even when there is a lot of competition. Also, learning it doesn't hurt to talk to people. Talked to a smoke shop that is in the same plaza as the tiny mexican place and they said they are not happy with their vendors and they could also possibly put us in touch with 7 or 8 other smoke shops. So hopefully that pans out. This is the first month where I've felt it might be time to open an account for the vending money. Now gotta figure that out next. :)

The place that had the stale candy If you have a diffrent kind of machine I would replace the one there with it. Even with new candy that machine is assocated with old stale product. IF you put in a new and different machine then it will let the regulars know there is a new vendor. If sales don't pick up that is. Like if it is a triple machine put in a double. Good luck sounds good so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by Bar and Grille place today - 2 weeks - $28.75. Holy cow...can I get a whole route like this one? That is ALMOST $50 for just shy of it's first full month. (It'll be a month in 4 more days.)

Placed another machine today at another restaurant in the same plaza as the Bar and Grille place....hoping it well.

Stopped by Bar and Grille place today - 2 weeks - $28.75. Holy cow...can I get a whole route like this one? That is ALMOST $50 for just shy of it's first full month. (It'll be a month in 4 more days.)

Placed another machine today at another restaurant in the same plaza as the Bar and Grille place....hoping it well.

Thats an awesome pull. I just made a 2 week pull on one place that looks like it should gross $40 a month and that is my best account currently, looks like that one will do well above that!

I just had my first pull yesterday (11/4/12) at my 4 locations using 4 selection Uturns and my numbers look similar to yours. It's good to see I 'm doing just as well as somebody else. I want to buy 1800 machines next. Good posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran the route today. Will put down numbers later but overall my numbers are down. I would guess it's due to halloween and the excess of free candy available. For example, a pizza place usually does between $10-20 a month. This month it did under $5...but the owner had a full bowl of candy by the register all month. Sigh. Hopefully numbers go back up next month. Thank goodness for my bar locations - they seem to be my gravy.

Ran the route today. Will put down numbers later but overall my numbers are down. I would guess it's due to halloween and the excess of free candy available. For example, a pizza place usually does between $10-20 a month. This month it did under $5...but the owner had a full bowl of candy by the register all month. Sigh. Hopefully numbers go back up next month. Thank goodness for my bar locations - they seem to be my gravy.

I just bought a route with a few Bar Locations and from the looks of it they should all be pretty good earniers from what I can tell from the numbers. Most were hit 2-3 weeks ago and I have pulled in 10-30 bucks from the stops. Of course the machines were just about empty so my candy cost are way up for the month but on a new route purchas that is kind of expected. Keep it up it is all about averages. I am sure some of them will be a little slower in the summer as more people move about and do outdoor kind of stuff and not sit in and watch football all day or night. LOL

• 3 months later...

Been crazy busy - as I've been working a full time job, a part time job, and doing the vending (and being a single Mom). Whew! Happy to say things are going well overall. In six months I've went from one machine that pulled $18 to 17 machines that pulled almost $400 (actually missed 6 stops due to Sunday schedules so the total is for 11 machines). Granted, this pull was for a 2 month period - so my average isn't as good as it sounds...but it's still growing and I'm ok with that considering my time constraints. Picked up a new location today while out servicing the route. Noticed a new tattoo shop and went in - they couldn't wait to get it and wanted it today. Also, have one to call that LRU found. So that'll bring it up to close to 20 machines which was my original goal.

I've had some bumps and weirdness along the way - as I'm sure everyone does. I've lost one location - they asked me to come and pick it up. No great loss since it never did more than $5 per month. Had another place that was a brand new business next to an existing location. They were very excited about having a temp tattoo machine in their smoke shop. Wasn't two days later and I got a call asking that it be picked up because they were closing the business. Glad they at least called. I've had some damage to two machines. One was at a bar/grille and they called me to tell me one of the employees accidentally knocked it over and it was broken. I swung by and it was easily fixed and back in action the same afternoon (which was good because it is my only goldmine location). When I serviced my machines this month I noticed some damage to a machine at the Chinese Buffet. What's strange is that it is a Vendstar 3000 and it has the tray and the tray wasn't broken but the canister was cracked. So either someone purposely tried to break it - or I guess it could have fallen against something sharp so it only hit the canister area but not the tray. Regardless, no major damage other than cosmetic. For no more money that it is making ($10ish per month) I'm leaving it as is.

I've changed out product in two locations so far - taking out Boston Baked Beans and adding Reeses/Skittles. That made a huge difference at one of the locations - the other not so much.

Lost two competitors at two different locations. Didn't notice any change in income though. Was hoping it'd increase my sales but not thus far.

Think that is about it as far as an update.

Wow it really sounds like your a busy bee. Looks like your route is growing, you mentioned your goal of 20 machines. Any plans to grow the route more and use that revenue to maybe replace your part time job? If you do grow more, what is your next level you would like to be at? Thanks for the reports and keep up the good work.

Archived