So this is why Reese's Pieces are selling so good for me...

lurker

I've been wondering why Reese's Pieces just keep selling and selling.

Now I know why! Seems they've actually included "taste" in their candy.

(Although they don't really specify what the taste is.)

While placing a pick-order with Sam's, I noticed the second specification down on these.

Couldn't help but laugh, and decided to share.

Posted Image

Dave

-----

Dave,

That's great!

The ingredient 'TASTE" must be a secret formula. They don't want any of the other candy companies to know about. I will have to try them again to see if I can taste taste in them.

Gary

LOL........taste or no taste, I stopped selling them.  I did not do well with the ' taste ' I guess.  Plus it seems the candy was looking crappy after only a month or so.

LOL at you guys' comments. I thought that was kind of a strange specification.

I think "taste" might be a regional thing. Like the South gets a different "taste" than the Northeast, and the folks up in Seattle get an even different "taste" than the rest of us.

Or maybe there's just so much "taste" to go around. Right now we're getting it down here in Oklahoma, and later we'll have to give it up, and they'll start making them with "taste" in New York, or someplace else.

Or maybe "taste" is a secret code word in the candy industry for "now power-packed with even more sugar than ever before", and Sam's just let it slip out.

All I know is we have heads with these in 'em going nearly empty, and have had to start stocking more. So I got no complaints.

Geez, makes me wish I could order more candy with "taste". Might get my averages up.

Dave

Our supply here in Florida now has 20% more taste for the same cost ;).

clearcutvending12 M&M Plain, M&M Peanut and Reese's seem to be a good selling combo for me in my triples. I love anything with peanut butter. Buy a bag and try it in a machine that has a slow mover to see if it does any better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just thought I would add, in July Reese's Pieces were 27% of our total sales!

I agree with Jay-Son Vending though, some locations do great with these, some locations will hardly touch 'em.

That's part of the fun for us. Figuring out where to put what to make the most money.

Dave