Thinking of buying 6 machines In one location

jerry1973

I am thinking of getting into vending and have found a guy who has 3 drink machines and 3 snack machines In a large manufacturing facility. I don't know what brand or model machines they are (just had a short phone conversation with him). My main question is that he claims that he spends about 10 hours per week on these 6 machines in 1 location. That seems like a lot of time for service. Do you all think that would be a normal number of hours for 6 machines?

I am thinking of getting into vending and have found a guy who has 3 drink machines and 3 snack machines In a large manufacturing facility. I don't know what brand or model machines they are (just had a short phone conversation with him). My main question is that he claims that he spends about 10 hours per week on these 6 machines in 1 location. That seems like a lot of time for service. Do you all think that would be a normal number of hours for 6 machines?

If he is servicing 1X a week then he either is slow and inefficient or he is also including drive time.

If he is servicing 2X a week which would not be unusual for a account of this kind then the hours would be about right.

And if he is not servicing at least twice a week, then run away. Hopefully this is a 3x a week account. For six machines it should be. Check it out and ask a lot of questions. Without having to bother with coffee or cold food, if this checks out and the price is right go for it.

Thanks MIssion. That was about what I was thinking. As far as how many services per week, he claims that the 6 machines gross 8-10,000 per year and if you figure $10,000 then that comes out to about $138 per machine per month, so i dont think its a huge volume. What do you all think?

loach33, he's asking $4500 for everything, but I have no idea how good the equipment is, and maybe thats why its taking him 10hrs (broken equipment). Is $4500 an acceptable price if the machines are not junk if they are already set and bringing around $8000 a year gross? Thanks everyone I really appreciate it.

Yeah, $800 a month or $200 a week. Seems like a once a week stop. If this is a big place with lots of blue collar workers then I wonder why they don't do better. Are there other options to buy drinks and snacks from? Do they not buy because the machines are old and don't work?

It doesn't hurt to just go check things out. Walk around there and see who works there, where the machines are and what condition they are in.

If you want my opinion I would want $200/machine per month at minimum. Especially if we're talking about your first location. Might be too big a gamble for your first place? I don't know. Check things out, get more opinions, be careful.

I would check it out, at that price but proceed with caution , my spidey senses are tingling

something seems fishy. post all the details here and we'll let you know if its a good deal or not.

also check to make sure if theres a contract or not, and that the place isnt just about to go out of business lol

Archived