help restringing a rainbow crane?

dogcow

cant figure how the string goes thru the spool. there is an indordinately small hole and it seems like it comes out the side of the spool? any ideas on how to get it thru there?

They are a pain in the butt. I thread mine through the side hole then tie knots in it to keep it from comming out. It's hard as Hell to thread that hole. I had one with bad up down switches and it kept breaking the string. BTW I will be in town this week end

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

cant figure how the string goes thru the spool. there is an indordinately small hole and it seems like it comes out the side of the spool? any ideas on how to get it thru there?

Years back they used a thinner gauge string which is why it was easier to thread the string in that spool. If you're using a thicker one you would have to enlarge the hole by carefully drilling the spool hole (goes from the core and comes out to the side where the axle piece is). To make threading easier I use a piece of tape and wrap the ends so the string doesn't fray on me.

Years back they used a thinner gauge string which is why it was easier to thread the string in that spool. If you're using a thicker one you would have to enlarge the hole by carefully drilling the spool hole (goes from the core and comes out to the side where the axle piece is). To make threading easier I use a piece of tape and wrap the ends so the string doesn't fray on me.

yeah i tried the tape still didnt get it gonna try attaching it to some wire ..thanks i dont think im gonna

drill the hole as its not my equipment

Archived