How do you keep yourself organized?

That's what I think is best as well but what if your at a large office building where you need to be buzzed in and its on the 8th floor =/ Thats a lot of time back and forth

Unless you invest in some remote telemetry I don't know of any other options.

Because I am a part time vendor.....this is what I do. I tend to collect money on Friday afternoon. While collecting money, I take a picture of each machine (shelf) to see what needs to be stock. At home, I review the pictures, pull inventory based upon that and stock early Monday.

Travis

Any idea how those systems work? Do you pay monthly per location or just 1 time? only have 2 full lines as of today but looking to expand.

The most cost effective solution would be to install debit/credit readers on each machine, if they are new enough to accommodate them. Two machine set up around 400-500 dollars plus monthly monitoring, not sure how much the data plan is to be able to get the DEX data. Contact USA Technologies for more info.

http://www.usatech.com/

Unless you invest in some remote telemetry I don't know of any other options.

ur looking at it from a bigger operator POV. I had an airport location like this. I have the luxury as a small PT operator to prekit everything into plastic rubbermaid bins. So i load the bins with enough items to take the entire machine from empty to par, put it on a rolling cart and wheel it in, i kept all my cleaning supplies and a bag for stales and a deposit bag. so i could do the collection and stocking and anything else short of a repair without leaving the secured area.

I plan on moving to telemetry eventually but this is what I do. I place a card with the name of the product and amount I stock into the machine when I set it up at a location and place it in the back coil of each selection. When I check back to service I see how many I have sold for each item and put it into an excel sheet. I do this for about a month to get an average amount of sales for each item. I then get an idea of the average and place those items into a bin for each location before I service and usually take maybe 2 or 3 extra per selection just in case. This cuts down on me hauling alot of extra candy/chips for no reason.

ur looking at it from a bigger operator POV. I had an airport location like this. I have the luxury as a small PT operator to prekit everything into plastic rubbermaid bins. So i load the bins with enough items to take the entire machine from empty to par, put it on a rolling cart and wheel it in, i kept all my cleaning supplies and a bag for stales and a deposit bag. so i could do the collection and stocking and anything else short of a repair without leaving the secured area.

What he said, I am full time by myself. The advantage of taking everything in, in one shot is one trip. The amount of time saved will surprise you.

Remember time is money also, IMO you are not saving anything by making a trip in to see what you need then back out to the truck. Take it all in and bring back what you dont use and use it at the next stop. I use two big rubber maid bins one carries all my candy still in their boxes and the other carries all the chips I need for that location. I also carry a tray for pastries. I have a extra long dolly that lays down I put my drinks on first ( and in some spots that would be up to nine cases of bottles) My candy and chip bin goes on top of that and the pastry tray on top of that. (I keep my big boxes of chips on the truck and refill the bin as the day goes along). At some locations I have two or three break rooms to hit. I just load it all on ( without going in) and work my way across the plant. The cart heavy when you start out, But it feels great when it keeps getting lighter because your putting everything in the machines. In some locations it cuts my time on site in half. At smaller locations It can also limit your exposure to criminal elements, your in, your out, your gone.

Plus after a couple of months you will get to where you know what you need. I.E. At the next stop I need two cases of Mt. Dew and 12 Diet Cokes.

I can knock out at least two extra spots a day or quit early doing it this way.

I am not saying that I am right and everybody should do it this way, Everybody has to come up with their own system that works for them.

After almost ten years this works for me.

Just my .02

I plan on moving to telemetry eventually but this is what I do. I place a card with the name of the product and amount I stock into the machine when I set it up at a location and place it in the back coil of each selection. When I check back to service I see how many I have sold for each item and put it into an excel sheet. I do this for about a month to get an average amount of sales for each item. I then get an idea of the average and place those items into a bin for each location before I service and usually take maybe 2 or 3 extra per selection just in case. This cuts down on me hauling alot of extra candy/chips for no reason.

Thats an awesome idea. Because we have a couple of people that could run our route it's always hard to know what was in a spiral that sold out if you weren't the one who stocked it last, and even if you did I just don't have the memory to do that.

Archived