New in Columbus Ohio

rexmoor

Greetings, All.

I am more than brand new with vending. About 2 weeks ago, I read an ebook on the subject on bulk vending, followed by 3 more. Interested, a couple of days ago I replied to several posts on Craigslist.

The first is selling 1 pop and 1 snack machine. Selling for best offer.

Second is 2 pop machines and a snack machine with location. Seller financing available. $6900

Third is 6-Double Candy Vending Machines that they want $400 for. V Line

Fourth is 2 Silent Sales machines for $150.

Fifth is 35 bulk machines for $1500 OBO.

And last was a ad for Soda Routes USA.

Any comments or suggestions on how to procede?

Keep looking. All those deals can be found cheaper. At least for the bulk machines. The 35 machines for 1500 may be ok if they are Northwestern or Oak or the A&A machines if they come with the stands If they are the plastic Vendstars than no.

BTW Good Luck and welcome to TVF.

Without more info it is difficult to offer any kind of feedback that would be meaningful. With one additional comment.

Soda Route USA http://www.sodaroutesusa.com/index.html , I knew nothing about them and the name raised some red flags so I did some quick checking.

This company website was registered on March 6 2012, through a registry service that conceals ownership identification, in Canada.

The 785 area code is from the Kansas Missouri area which is also the part of the country that another company that uses the EXACT business model called Metro Vending is from that has been written about extensively here, none of it good. Am I saying the Leopard has tried to change his spots? No.

My intent in pointing out this suspicious possible connection is that you need to be VERY careful in doing business over the phone and internet with anyone. If you can't verify WHO you are dealing with and WHERE they are then you are going to lose your money.

I'm from Columbus. What a great town. I'm in southern Alabama now. I'm new also. I would say start small, get your feet wet, learn the in's and out's. Then go bigger. I started with one 8 way uturn and a dozen 3 head machines. I have not placed any yet, as I'm still cleaning and sorting them. after a few months I'll move up. My total investment now is $400. I have about $5000 I have set aside to invest. Next will be a soda machine and maybe a snack machine. I can lose $400 not a big deal, but the bigger loss would hurt.

Good luck

Keep looking. All those deals can be found cheaper. At least for the bulk machines. The 35 machines for 1500 may be ok if they are Northwestern or Oak or the A&A machines if they come with the stands If they are the plastic Vendstars than no.

BTW Good Luck and welcome to TVF.

You must be a magician! ^-^ I hadn't even noticed that the 35 did not come with stands! Thanks. I was prepared to offer $1000 for all.

Without more info it is difficult to offer any kind of feedback that would be meaningful. With one additional comment.

Soda Route USA http://www.sodaroute....com/index.html , I knew nothing about them and the name raised some red flags so I did some quick checking.

This company website was registered on March 6 2012, through a registry service that conceals ownership identification, in Canada.

The 785 area code is from the Kansas Missouri area which is also the part of the country that another company that uses the EXACT business model called Metro Vending is from that has been written about extensively here, none of it good. Am I saying the Leopard has tried to change his spots? No.

My intent in pointing out this suspicious possible connection is that you need to be VERY careful in doing business over the phone and internet with anyone. If you can't verify WHO you are dealing with and WHERE they are then you are going to lose your money.

Thanks for checking that out. You have all been helpful in opening my eyes.

I'm from Columbus. What a great town. I'm in southern Alabama now. I'm new also. I would say start small, get your feet wet, learn the in's and out's. Then go bigger. I started with one 8 way uturn and a dozen 3 head machines. I have not placed any yet, as I'm still cleaning and sorting them. after a few months I'll move up. My total investment now is $400. I have about $5000 I have set aside to invest. Next will be a soda machine and maybe a snack machine. I can lose $400 not a big deal, but the bigger loss would hurt.

Good luck

Thanks for the good info. How will you bid on the snack machine and soda machine? What's the best way to make an informed decision?

Archived