Help with vendo 264

marklo154

Purchased a vendo 264, first time with any kind of machine like this. The machine worked fine when I went to pick it up. I moved it in the back of my pickup with the machine laying on its back . When I moved it I had to go up about 5 steps and had it on a dolly on its side almost laying flat as we went up the last few steps. After moving it in i noticed a small amount of oil had leaked out on the steps but cant see where it came from. I am in the process now of waiting the recommended 24 hours before plugging it in , I was just wondering if there is any think I should be doing before plugging it in, is there a way to check oil...Any help would be great. I checked the back of my truck and there was no oil there , just on the steps .

Let’s start by saying moving any 20 year old piece of refrigerated equipment is a Xrap shoot.

Move the machine with a dolly roll the dice you will likely come up a winner.

Load it on a truck roll the dice again.

Lay it on it back roll again.

Drive it down the road roll again.

Stand it up roll again.

Unload the truck roll again.

Roll again every step you bum it up.

Plug it right away roll again.

Sometimes you can roll 10 winners in a row sometime you don’t.

Sorry but it sounds like you lost this time and you will be looking for deferent refer unit.

Sadly the only place you will find much oil is inside the formerly sealed refrigeration system.

Walta

Odds are that it isn't oil but old soda. Probably had condensation in the drain pan that leaked out. If it is oil from the compressor you wil know. It won't get cold.

That would've been my first guess. I've had some pretty nasty stuff drip out of old machines when they were tipped over to move.

I plugged it in after waiting a day and it seems to work fine . Gets cold etc. A few other issues with it front display light isn`t working and one of the bays doesn`t dispense, but i`m glad everything else is working .

Glad to heat that!

Archived