Locations to Avoid

Cloudedjourney

I searched around on this forum, assuming that this question would have come up dozens of times but i could not find a thread that talks about i, so sorry if i missed it somehow!

I'm getting into bulk vending and preparing to hit the payment to start finding locations on my own to start as soon my machines arrive. I have been keeping my eyes opena nd taking not of specific places that might be a good match, Denny's, recycling depot, Pizza Hut. I find myself constantly thinking about where i can put my machines and the possibilities are endless! everywhere i drive by seems like a decent option! So I know there are no hard rules, some salons might do okay where others bomb) But i'm just curious generally what types of locations have you found that you just avoid now because they never seem to do well? Banks, big chain stores, hardware stores, warehouses? Thanks for the help!

The one type of account that I tried that bombed were supermarket breakrooms. I do soda and snack only but I'm guessing it would be the same with candy machines. These places have a lot of employees but either they don't use the breakrooms or just wait in line to get their drinks/snacks. I dumped all these accounts as none of them were doing more than $200 a month

I searched around on this forum, assuming that this question would have come up dozens of times but i could not find a thread that talks about i, so sorry if i missed it somehow!

I'm getting into bulk vending and preparing to hit the payment to start finding locations on my own to start as soon my machines arrive. I have been keeping my eyes opena nd taking not of specific places that might be a good match, Denny's, recycling depot, Pizza Hut. I find myself constantly thinking about where i can put my machines and the possibilities are endless! everywhere i drive by seems like a decent option! So I know there are no hard rules, some salons might do okay where others bomb) But i'm just curious generally what types of locations have you found that you just avoid now because they never seem to do well? Banks, big chain stores, hardware stores, warehouses? Thanks for the help!

Like moondog I do full line vending but over the years I have learned to not eliminate any particular category just because of a bad experience somewhere else. You've got to evaluate each location on its merits. Based on experience there are some kinds of locations that I will jump at no questions asked, others I will look at much more in depth before making a decision but I won't automatically eliminate one.

• 2 weeks later...

The one type of account that I tried that bombed were supermarket breakrooms. I do soda and snack only but I'm guessing it would be the same with candy machines. These places have a lot of employees but either they don't use the breakrooms or just wait in line to get their drinks/snacks. I dumped all these accounts as none of them were doing more than $200 a month

Check my revenue reports under bulk. It actually is not the same with breakrooms as full line. I have 6 locations (some with multiple machines) and they all do really well for bulk vending. It is interesting, because most of my supermarket breakrooms have full line machines in the breakrooms and I don't know how they do...but, I have walked into an empty triple many times full of quarters. I love any and all breakrooms. The great thing with bulk is, if the location doesn't work it is not hard to move the equipment to a new home...

Archived