May have landed my first account

ruff84

Started talking to my boss (at my 9-5 job) where i work (management office at a large outlet mall) and were talking about vending. Currently we have about 10 Coke machines and thats it. No food court and you have to actually get in your car and drive to eat. Asked him about snack machine vending, he said they have always wanted to but never have.

So going to talk to the corporate office about bringing some machines in soon. Probably January-March, they have a flat commission which i haven't heard what it is yet. But i think unless its crazy high i will make some decent money.

There is one store out here that sells chocolate but it is crazy expensive (5.50 for 1 cookie 6.75 for a caramel apple) so i will have the market locked down. Going to start searching for machines now.

Will you have inside locations? There are very few snack machines that are listed for outdoor use and the outlet malls around here are open space with individual buildings.

It sounds like your mall may be using a bottler serviced program (one reason for no snack machines). A lot of vendors won't provide just a snack machine to augment somebody else's soda machine - snack machines are a lot more work and don't make as much money as the soda machines.

Bottlers tend to have a bad reputation for lack of servicing but they always have the nicest machines. This might present a long term opportunity for you. If their service is bad, you could probably move them out down the road. You'd need to bring in some nice equipment but there are companies that lease machines.

Hope this works out for you - it'd be a great start!

Will you have inside locations? There are very few snack machines that are listed for outdoor use and the outlet malls around here are open space with individual buildings.

It sounds like your mall may be using a bottler serviced program (one reason for no snack machines). A lot of vendors won't provide just a snack machine to augment somebody else's soda machine - snack machines are a lot more work and don't make as much money as the soda machines.

Bottlers tend to have a bad reputation for lack of servicing but they always have the nicest machines. This might present a long term opportunity for you. If their service is bad, you could probably move them out down the road. You'd need to bring in some nice equipment but there are companies that lease machines.

Another thought - If you think this really is a potentially "big time" deal, you might consider bringing in RJT. He'd be the guy I'd use to lock this down.

These machine would be outside under canopys and wouldn't get any rain.

I would love to take over the soda machine as well but they are directly through coke and they have a deal with our corporate off and handle all 50+ malls nationwide. I have a hunch they will want to much commission for it to be worth it but still want to see.

Got my first snack machine going tonight filled and ready to go for another location, should be a good addition to the soda i have there.

Make sure they're on GFI outlets - if not, you can buy the short GFI extension cords - they're like 1' long with a reset button.

I read your post on the 3014 - that was a good deal.

AMS makes snack machines that are rated for outdoor use - the down side is that they only come in red

So could I walk to this machine at 2:00 AM throw a brick at the glass and take all the product I want?

Walta

You could, but i have been there over 5 years and not 1 issue with vandalism on any other machine or building outside. Anything is possible but the area is pretty safe and always patroled by the local PD,

Make sure they're on GFI outlets - if not, you can buy the short GFI extension cords - they're like 1' long with a reset button.

AMS makes snack machines that are rated for outdoor use - the down side is that they only come in red

Yes they have GFI outlets, and red would be perfect. I will start looking into AMS now.

I was at another mall today (not the one i work at) and their only food establishment is closing on the 31st. They also have snack and soda vending and both soda machines were sold out. And their snack machine was done to only 4 packs of crackers and 6 rows of pretzels.

So as long as i convince my better half this vending business could take off i may contact them as well and try to take over soda and snack there as well.

The AMS Outsider is made in black as well. You may even be able to get it in gray too.

Archived