New claw

Gascap21

i would buy a 31" import crane, its the most versitile, i would buy it used refurb from betson and save myself $1,000 off new.

as for brand, it kinda depends. i love the smart cranes because they have very few problems. however they can be robbed easily. Toy Taxis i have had bad luck with the electronics in them they can be a little flaky i think but a lot of operators swear by them.

smart US-made cranes are much higher quality built but they are also really damn heavy to move and a lot more expensive.

I LOVE Double up cranes...

if your in bulk vending its the best place to get rid of loser 2 inch capsules

or pick up deals on 2 inch like i-carly blowout prices..

i use mine to get rid of stale or not so hot 2 inch product like bok-chok, dentures by dwane.. etc.. anything that

didnt do good for me here

bill

I prefer ICE cranes...they're built well, high security needing only one t handle lock, and last a very long time. I've only had to replace the claw solenoid once on one, no bad motors. The only downside to them is the price.

I've also got some Coastal Toy Taxi/Hot Stuff cranes, they're nice and cheap, quick ROI, pretty reliable. I'd recommend taking the NiCad battery off the control board and mounting it somewhere else...I've had the batteries leak and ruin control boards on cranes that are only 2 years old. The only other problem is that the wiring in the carriage likes to break about where it inters the slinky tubing, but that's easy fix.

Smart 5/6th gen: I'd stay away from those...of the 20 or so of those we have, I have had to replace several up/down motors every year.

it really depends on the location and what can it support and what does it need. what type of location are u looking at? I prefer 31" cranes because they are the easiest to move and most versatile. the bigger cranes are good for high volume locations or out of town locations where you do not want to mess with servicing it all the time.

I agree 31 inch cranes are the best for any small location...

let me clarify small location

a location without

1 semi-dock doors..

2 2 entry doors side by side

3 anything not bigger than your average resteraunt or store

if you go 38-42 they have a very hard time moving in and out of standard door

some doors are 36-38 inches total wide some are less on alot of places

so 31 is a good size, and you never know when you might change locations and need a 31...

you can allways go bigger crane later if needed but stick with 28-31s

bill

One more questions what accessories can you get as of accesories I mean banners in the back and LEDs stuff like that also where is the best place to get mp3 and how much do you normally make on your plush

everyone recommends getting mp3 from smart i get them off a local place because no shipping and its about the same price. i am prob gonna get them off aliexpress in the future . i try to keep all my items about 30% cogs, ..except knobby balls which is ridiculously cheap,

I agree the Taiwan cranes are the way to go for reliability and price...My crane of choice is the Toy Soldier,just a little better then the Toy Chest in my opinion.

Stronger board,parts,cabinet and a little better wiring.Plus a one piece joystick cabinet to prevent thieves from popping the lids.This a big plus since there are a group of thieves that have been doing this for a year now in 5 or 6 states. It is in this issue of replay magazine.

Also really like the way the plush presents itself better in that stadium style,unlike having the plexi in front and it ends up being in a box packed in.

The new Toy Soldier also has 2 optional auto percentage's. One time or until someone wins. Coastal didn't even know that had the later until I informed them.

QBT... Considering ICE cranes for 42".Do they have the 2 claw strengths ? The grabbing and hold.Only thing I don't like about ICE is the claw action which closes late and looks like a rip.

Customized an Ice crane and the managers told me to get it out and give us the Toy Soldier crane back. They thought it looked like a rip off.

Fred

Can you set the claws exactly to when you want it to payout say 1 in 10 pr 20 I no you can set claw strenghth but can you set it to be strong on the 20 try

yes but its illegal to do that in most states...i would say most operators do it, but its important to know the laws

I personally don't rely on the auto percentage and run my cranes skill based. Been doing this for years and really don't have a problem getting my percentages.

Relying on the auto percentage will decrease your sales as the plays before it kicks in will be weaker.You have to find that happy medium with claw strengths and auto percentage.

I see cranes that a wide open piece of plush doesn't even move from the claw so you know that operator has the strengths real weak and is totally relying on the auto percentage.

It is perceived to the customer to be a rip off.

Fred

Archived