Some people really frustrate me....

ruff84

I went to a local business (mall) with my wife and kids about 2 month ago and saw there is a usi 3015 there with 2 spirals of pretzels and 2 spirals of original checks mix and nothing else. Went back atleast 3-4 time over the last 2 months and still empty. Decided to take the initative and talk to the mall manager about bringing my machine out and keeping it stocked. She said they weren't interested but if they decide to change vendors they will give me a call.... (yeah right)

Called the number on the machine to see if he was interested in selling the machine and location to me ( or just the machine) Owner said he would go look at the machine and call me back, because he wasn't sure what machine he had there. So it's a week later and no call and i went by there last night and still empty machine.

I don't think the mall it's in is going to be big money spot at all they have the machine tucked away in a corner where its out of site. But i kinda wanted the machine to use there until i found another better location.

The mall management must like empty vending machines all over the mall, same guy has 3 coke (3rd party looks like) machines and all are empty.

Might give the guy a call again today and see if he wants to sell it.

I went to a local business (mall) with my wife and kids about 2 month ago and saw there is a usi 3015 there with 2 spirals of pretzels and 2 spirals of original checks mix and nothing else. Went back atleast 3-4 time over the last 2 months and still empty. Decided to take the initative and talk to the mall manager about bringing my machine out and keeping it stocked. She said they weren't interested but if they decide to change vendors they will give me a call.... (yeah right)

Called the number on the machine to see if he was interested in selling the machine and location to me ( or just the machine) Owner said he would go look at the machine and call me back, because he wasn't sure what machine he had there. So it's a week later and no call and i went by there last night and still empty machine.

I don't think the mall it's in is going to be big money spot at all they have the machine tucked away in a corner where its out of site. But i kinda wanted the machine to use there until i found another better location.

The mall management must like empty vending machines all over the mall, same guy has 3 coke (3rd party looks like) machines and all are empty.

Might give the guy a call again today and see if he wants to sell it.

I see this quite a bit myself. I often check out the vending machines at Costco when I'm stocking up on sodas. All the machines are off to the side by the restrooms where the majority of the "walk-in" traffic never goes. There's usually about 4 glassfront soda machines and a 5 wide snack machine. Half the soda machines are always broken and the snack machine is 99% empty.

My guess is that a big vendor got himself into what he thought was a great contract and is now hoping to get kicked out, or somebody in his middle management just doesn't want to admit the mistake.

I shop at about 6 different Costco stores and it's the same vendor in all of them. I thought about approaching the regional Costco management about this but have my doubts about how good a location this really is. Common sense leads me to believe if these locations were any good, this company would be exploiting the opportunity.

I know this sounds a little pessimistic, but "if it walks, talks and smells like rat - it's probably a rat"

I see this quite a bit myself. I often check out the vending machines at Costco when I'm stocking up on sodas. All the machines are off to the side by the restrooms where the majority of the "walk-in" traffic never goes. There's usually about 4 glassfront soda machines and a 5 wide snack machine. Half the soda machines are always broken and the snack machine is 99% empty.

My guess is that a big vendor got himself into what he thought was a great contract and is now hoping to get kicked out, or somebody in his middle management just doesn't want to admit the mistake.

I shop at about 6 different Costco stores and it's the same vendor in all of them. I thought about approaching the regional Costco management about this but have my doubts about how good a location this really is. Common sense leads me to believe if these locations were any good, this company would be exploiting the opportunity.

I know this sounds a little pessimistic, but "if it walks, talks and smells like rat - it's probably a rat"

We had a Sams with a 4 wide snack that ran about $90/week. It was a very good and consistent account, but the problem with them is they are very willing to change. We lost it because we buy through Vistar/Jones/Coke/Pepsi and not them. One of my competitors buys basically everything even equipment from them and we lost it. Also, we had it about 3 years and all the managers would be irate every time there was an issue and the only issues we ever had were caused by the night crew shaking the machines. The account wasnt worth it in my opinion because of management, but sales were great.

We had a Sams with a 4 wide snack that ran about $90/week. It was a very good and consistent account, but the problem with them is they are very willing to change. We lost it because we buy through Vistar/Jones/Coke/Pepsi and not them. One of my competitors buys basically everything even equipment from them and we lost it. Also, we had it about 3 years and all the managers would be irate every time there was an issue and the only issues we ever had were caused by the night crew shaking the machines. The account wasnt worth it in my opinion because of management, but sales were great.

Broncho, I doubt you'd want any of those Sam's Club machines anyway

Well, got some good news (hopefully) i received a text this morning from someone that seen my craigslist ad and wanted more information. It could be a scam of some sort but normally they email you the scams they don't text them. I emailed the person more details and now I have to sit and wait and see.

Persistence always wins keep at the management ...............if you were here in Australia and you saw a vendor like that, it would be almost certain that Coke Vending would be the owner. We love Coke their pathetic service leve creates many opportunities for individual operators!.

Well I have kind of taken a step back from hardcore locating right now. If something came up I will definately jump on it and will continue to persue more accounts on the weekends. But school started back up and I beginning the first stages of student teaching so the next few months will be crazy hectic as it is.

I am going to continue the pressure on the lack luster vendor that is currently there (just checked the machine again and still empty) into selling me his machine and the location.

Eventually he will either give in and sell or file a retraining order. lol

ruff84--just out of curiosity, where in Illinois are you located? We're new here, too, and currently looking to expand in the city of Chicago. Good luck!

East central il. About 160 miles south of the windy city

Archived