toy taxi , string keeps winding around the wheel

dogcow

had to pull this toy taxi off location because the claw string keeps winding up around the wheel. i kept having calls would show up and free it, it would play fine for about 5 bucks of plays and wind up again. even replaced the whole string cant figure whats going wrong here.

like i said, once you unwind it, it works fine for 10 or 15 plays and then just gets wound up againt cant figure any particular reason why.

any help greatly appreciated this problem has cost me hundreds of dollars in lost revenue on this game

166hvgh.jpg

bzepx.jpg

the spring on top that looks like "Y" sorta with fingers off,,it should be tight against wheel,bend it down with needle nose if you have too...I havent had this problem in a long time but that is how i fixed it..i had 2 side by side and that was only diffrence i seen so i bent in down where it would ride on wheel pulley so string couldn't come off...

true reason it was happening was the location was tipping crane forward while playing it so claw would slide down front glass and pick up the licensed characters i would place agains front glass to entice play,, it would cause slack in string and it would jump off wheel because "swing spring" that tells it its on bottom wouldnt engage if they just had crane slightly tilted forward...

I found out because i came to location and played it and the guy working didnt know i was owner and said he could win the care bears in front glass for me,, he got kids booster seat and tipped it forward and propped back of crane on the booster seat on floor...then he played it and let claw slid down glass and grab those items, as normally only one tine of claw would touch front glass, with this method two tines would rest against front glass and give him better chance of grabbing it..

ron

• 1 year later...

I have a toy taxi that won't drop the claw at all.  I suspect it might be the motor that runs the claw up and down because all of the switches are good and the other motors are working but i'm not positive.  But as soon as you press the button to drop the claw, it makes the noise as if it is dropping but immediately goes back to home position as if the motor isn't even attempting.  Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a dumb thought here but I don't know how much you about these. Is the string ran correctly through the pulleys?

Meaning down around the swing arm pulley then back up over top pulley then down through metal tube to claw..

Just saying because when I was first learning these years ago I had similar problem because string came off swing arm pulley.

Archived