Coffee machine

nickchurch89

So I've got a new site with 300 employees.. Looking to buy a coffee machine.

I bought a klix 900 for another site and I've had nothing but problems with it. I don't know if its just luck with that specific machine.

I'm debating to buy a klix machine as its so easy to stock and maintain and has such a range with soups etc. however stock is EXPENSIVE!

What kind of mark ups do people make from other machines? I've heard bean to cup is good? I'm new to coffee vendors so was wondering if anyone could help me out and maybe recommend a machine. Reliability is crucial as we are a small company and don't have an engineer etc.

Thanks in advance!

Nick.

So I've got a new site with 300 employees.. Looking to buy a coffee machine.

I bought a klix 900 for another site and I've had nothing but problems with it. I don't know if its just luck with that specific machine.

I'm debating to buy a klix machine as its so easy to stock and maintain and has such a range with soups etc. however stock is EXPENSIVE!

What kind of mark ups do people make from other machines? I've heard bean to cup is good? I'm new to coffee vendors so was wondering if anyone could help me out and maybe recommend a machine. Reliability is crucial as we are a small company and don't have an engineer etc.

Thanks in advance!

Nick.

Hi Nick, are you looking at supplying coffee through the machine on free vend or are you going to have a validator & charge per cup?

I see in one of your other posts you made that you were from Scotland so the reason I ask is that coffee vending seems to work different in some countries. For an example here in NZ we can charge a monthly rental on a coffee machine..

We use the Italian manufactured Necta for our fresh bean machines but we also use a UK company called Coffetek for our instant machine. When it comes to reliability it depends on your regular cleaning & maintenance schedule as if you don't keep on top of this you will have problems no matter what type of machine you use.

Fresh Bean machine are good but they do require a lot more looking after than an instant machine does so unless you have the time I would suggest you avoid going down this track.

Only do it if you get the soda and snack business and a written agreement from the management stating that no other coffee pot will be permitted on site.

It seems 300 heads will make a good location.

Walta

Hey.

Ye you guys do things a lot different from us. Most company's offer free coffee machines to customers and make money by charging per cup. I've got the drinks and snack contract too with that location so it's very good.

Thanks guys.

We also do "free rentals" on coffee machines & also provide "free" cleaning & filling services to some of our bigger customers that we also have the snack & drink contracts with. The reason for this is that it closes the door on opposition companies. We have taken sites from other vendor here because they refuse to do coffee & this allows us to have an advantage over them.

I would definitely place a coffee machine on a site with 300 staff on "free vend" as this could work out to be very profitable for you.

How many times are you going to the site a week to fill your snack & drink machines?

Are you providing a filling & cleaning service with the Klix 900 that you have? How many staff do they have their & what sort of problems are you having with it?

Our margins on fresh bean are better than our margins on instant coffee as there are a lot more fresh bean coffee roasting companies competing for our business compared to instant coffee suppliers. You will also go thru a lot more fresh bean coffee as your throw weights per cup compared to instant are a lot higher.

For an example: If you using a 220ml (7oz) cup you maybe throwing 8.5 grams fresh bean compared to 2 grams of instant.

The type of coffee you would supply would depend on how much the company you are supplying to would want to pay per cup. Instant would definitely be the cheaper option for them to use but if they are wanting the better quality of a fresh bean machine you would make a lot more profit.

The only downside to fresh bean is that like I mentioned before the machine also has an inbuilt grinder unit, doser unit & brewer unit so their are more things that can malfuction than on an instant version.

• 1 year later...

Archived