1st post Small route Owner

Erosenlieb

Well i will start off by saying hello

I have been looking into starting a route for some time now and one day

i saw one online for sale. So i called the guy asked him about it. He said it nets

about 300 a month so yes a small route. I asked him if i could go on the route with

him before purchase. He told me he had not serviced the machines in about 3 weeks.

So we started the route out and we pulled in about 380 in quarters.

His asking price for the route was almost double what i paid.

I felt like tossing out the number 700 was a good idea.

Well after he restocked all the machines which was very nice of him we settled

on a price.

So the route consists of 13 machines. Well 13 that are on route there are a few others.

eleven total Northwesterns and all the other ones are beavers except one vendstar. All

there is also a 75c double sticker machine.

Either way this is my start. I am located in the Tampa bay area. Well much closer to

the coast than tampa. Any pointers or ideas would be great. I will also take any advise

and vending suggestions.

Im going to do two pulls a month on my smaller machines just to see the business so i will be going out today

to pull 5 machines hoping to get close to 65 bucks

Wish me luck

the big one last over a month and its fun to pull 200++ bucks from one location hurts to give the 30% though

Well i just pulled only took me about 30 minutes it is a nice close route

Well i have some work to do 3 machines im going to pull 2 are vendstar 3000 they did about 3 dollars together

and the other is a very nice beaver 3 head setup in a waiting room of a very busy store so no idea why that only made.50c

so i will not be pulling it yet i want to give it some more time and maybe change the candy.

Now i have one stop that made about 10 bucks in 10 days it is a triple head that for some reason only had pmm in it so

as i looked around it was in a break room of about 25 men all at about 50-60 years of age so im testing some different

nuts in there they all thanked me and said they had asked the other owner many times to do this

So im hoping that will turn into a 40-60 dollat a month spot down side nuts are not cheap

and i thought i was going to have to break one mans fingers as he kept trying to stick his hands in the machine before i

put the top back on it

updates to come

Well i just pulled only took me about 30 minutes it is a nice close route

Well i have some work to do 3 machines im going to pull 2 are vendstar 3000 they did about 3 dollars together

and the other is a very nice beaver 3 head setup in a waiting room of a very busy store so no idea why that only made.50c

so i will not be pulling it yet i want to give it some more time and maybe change the candy.

Now i have one stop that made about 10 bucks in 10 days it is a triple head that for some reason only had pmm in it so

as i looked around it was in a break room of about 25 men all at about 50-60 years of age so im testing some different

nuts in there they all thanked me and said they had asked the other owner many times to do this

So im hoping that will turn into a 40-60 dollat a month spot down side nuts are not cheap

and i thought i was going to have to break one mans fingers as he kept trying to stick his hands in the machine before i

put the top back on it

updates to come

So the vending adventures begin.... welcome.

Well i wanted to try Kick Starts free location. They offer one free location if you register with them. The 1st location was a burger joint but in there defense they had no idea it was up for sale/going out of business. The next location laughed and denied ever talking to a person about it. This is where i must put in that i hate liars of all kinds. I mean come on dont forget to hit the mute button on the phone and say just say no to the guy. Either way so far i have asked them to keep it in a tight area around my house and they have done well so far. Both the areas have been within 5 minutes of my house.

I am also going to empty my larger rack today.

So you guys that own these larger routes how do you just sit around and wait

its driving me nuts

Funny thing about a larger route...you're NEVER sitting around and waiting. Welcome!

My advice to you to get the most out of TVF is to spend 2-3 months just reading. No disrespect intended, but right now you don't even know what you'd don't know. Read read read. Congrats on the route!

If you only new how much i have already read

one thing that i have seen from reading and heard from other people in this business

is that they get out because they just dont have enough machines out to make a impact

in there life to go at this as a full time job

i dont want that to happen to me

If you only new how much i have already read

one thing that i have seen from reading and heard from other people in this business

is that they get out because they just dont have enough machines out to make a impact

in there life to go at this as a full time job

i dont want that to happen to me

Starting a business is a lot more difficult than people think. One good thing you've done is found a resource here to help. Some additional reading if you are so inclined:

http://www.gaebler.com/Small-Business-Failure-Rates.htm

Good read

I have spent over 30++ hours on this forum reading and reading. I will spend a few more today looking threw old posts.

the more i read the more i feel this business is a good investment for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

im new to this. Infact i havent even started yet but im interested in starting a vending machine business as i feel this might be right up street. I am from london and would like to know where i can start. I only want to zstart small by purchasing just one or two to begin with and then to expand of my profits in the future. i'd love as much advice as possible starting with what would be my first step. i know that i need to look for locations but i wouldnt know how to start getting in contact with businesses and which types to go for. i think i would like to start a snacks machine one to begin with or even drinks - soda. but how? and where? please advise

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got to one location that was given to me. i walked in and the contact said hi to me. It was a very busy restaurant and looked promising. The lady told me to look around for a spot. I asked her if i could move one chair to make room for it up front. her reply was no and that she really didn't want it in a costumers view. That prompted laughter from me and confusion from her. See she thought she could get a tax write off by having the machine in her store because it was for a charity. So just for fun i asked her again where she would like me to put it. She showed me a hall way with nothing around it and said please place it back there out of the way of everybody. I just dropped my head and walked out.

Well i got a few new locations. One is a break room of 80+ crew members. The other is a car dealership. So both of those should work out ok. I will be going out mid week next week to do more locating. Well i should say i have to wait as i am having a Web Site designed, much nicer business cards made, and new brochures. So once all that is done i will head back out and locate. All i also got a lead for a bowling ally.

Archived