Does anyone have experience approaching Wal-Mart stores?

indiana

There's a "community market" style Wal-Mart store (small grocery store) by my house that doesn't have a single vending machine.

I think a small 5-head rack would do very well here, but I don't know the best way of approaching them. Does anyone here have experience working with them, know who I need to speak to, and what would be the best strategy to get to "yes?"

Commission, charity, free service, something else? Thanks.

That does surprise me that they don't have any machines, because every Walmart I've been to has a lot! NEN (National Entertainment Network) is contracted for bulk vending with Walmart, so I doubt that they could let you place your machines in there, even though they don't have any. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to still ask the store manager. I would probably offer a large commission so that they take you seriously. Let's be honest, Walmart is a greedy company! I'd offer 30-40%, because a Walmart would be worth it! Usually, somewhere near the check stands, there is some sort of a sign with a picture of the store manager and their name. That is how you can get the POC or simply ask a cashier to speak to the manager.

That does surprise me that they don't have any machines, because every Walmart I've been to has a lot! NEN (National Entertainment Network) is contracted for bulk vending with Walmart, so I doubt that they could let you place your machines in there, even though they don't have any. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to still ask the store manager. I would probably offer a large commission so that they take you seriously. Let's be honest, Walmart is a greedy company! I'd offer 30-40%, because a Walmart would be worth it! Usually, somewhere near the check stands, there is some sort of a sign with a picture of the store manager and their name. That is how you can get the POC or simply ask a cashier to speak to the manager.

Great advice, and thanks for the insight!

I'll do my best, and whatever I find out, I'll update the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried yet and if so what was your result? Thanks

I've only passed through and asked to speak with the manager (he wasn't there the two times I asked).

I have not been successful placing a rack here yet, but honestly haven't put in much effort to date.

Your time is best spent pursuing other locations

I agree. If you some how manage to get a machine in it would be because the Manager is unaware of Corp. policy ( not likely). Selling to wallmart? head to Bentonville with a truck load of money.

In other words don't waste your time.

NEN is only one of many vending companies that service Walmart.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

After speaking with a few differen vendors I had found that Walmart usually wants vendors to take on at least 5-10 locations at commission at or above 35%. It does work well for the smaller vendors do to the high commission

Archived