Locator Blues

After thinking about bulk vending for years I decided to take the plunge! I bought four bulk candy vending machines and hired a locator to place the machines. As of now two of my machines have been placed by the locator. When I initally spoke with the locating company owner I was told the locator would have the locations for the machines in one week. This sounded great so at the very end of December 2012 I paid the locator to locate the machines. Just recently a week and a half went by with no communication from the locator. So I called the manager to complain later that same day the locator contacted me. The locator stated he was out of the office for a few days and that I will have my locations my tomorrow. Well now tomorrow is over and I still do not have the locations for the other machines. I have checked my cell phone and email. I have not received locaton information or any updates. Right now I have locator blues, buyer's remorse and I feel discouraged. So now I am wondering from those that use a locator what length of time is reasonable to place in a large city 4 bulk candy charity machines?

Go look in the locating discussions section. There is everything you want to know regarding the good, the bad, and the ugly about locators. I have found Kandy Kings reviews and updates to be most informative.

Obviously you did not do any pre-reading before you made the plunge. There are many threads about the different locators ones have used. My suggestion to you is to read about the one you chose to use if that is available. Go ahead and chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. Most locators take time to find locations as they have to call alot of them to get locations. It takes alot of no's to get one yes. Your best bet is to learn how to locate and do it yourself. Saves you money and you start to gain a personal relationship right off the bat. Hopefully this helps.

After thinking about bulk vending for years I decided to take the plunge! I bought four bulk candy vending machines and hired a locator to place the machines. As of now two of my machines have been placed by the locator. When I initally spoke with the locating company owner I was told the locator would have the locations for the machines in one week. This sounded great so at the very end of December 2012 I paid the locator to locate the machines. Just recently a week and a half went by with no communication from the locator. So I called the manager to complain later that same day the locator contacted me. The locator stated he was out of the office for a few days and that I will have my locations my tomorrow. Well now tomorrow is over and I still do not have the locations for the other machines. I have checked my cell phone and email. I have not received locaton information or any updates. Right now I have locator blues, buyer's remorse and I feel discouraged. So now I am wondering from those that use a locator what length of time is reasonable to place in a large city 4 bulk candy charity machines?

Welcome to the world of locating services, most will disappoint you and some will rip you off. A rare few will actually provide a timely service for a reasonable price. As already stated your best option is to get out there and learn how to do it yourself.

If you look at the members that have been vending for years and doing it full time they will all say that they rarely, if ever, use locating services.

Yaaay Yaaay Yaaay and Yaaay! I placed my 4th and last machine today. After getting off to a bad start and one replacement in less than a month my machines are finally out of my house and on location. After putting fire under the burner the locator came through after all with what seems like good locations. So now It is wait and see time. Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

After some practice and some basic sales skills you should be able to place 4 candy machines in a big city in a hour or so.

Use some exhibition sales where you go to a location that you dont care if you get. This is just a practice run and you can learn many things from each sales call.

Archived