Create new business entity or use old one?

atuquilar

In 2012, I attempted to start an online retail business using dropship programs with manufacturers. I am no longer pursuing that venture. When I first started it, I registered the business under an LLC.

I am now getting started in the bulk vending business. Can I use that same LLC entity for my bulk vending business, or do I have to create a new LLC (or sole proprietership)?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I am using an old LLC for a real estate company I started. I never changed the name. Why give California more money than I have to? At the time, I would have just been supporting Arnold's bad choices in woman ;D

In all seriousness, you could also file a DBA under your LLC name if you really decided that you wanted a name change. It really doesn't make a difference what the name is. Take that $300 and have a really nice weekend with those Brazilian twins I saw on Craigslist this morning...

I need to get this done within the next couple of months. LegalZoom advertises LLC formation for $100. Does anybody see a reason why I wouldn't want to use them? Also, is there a common sense reason why I should pay the $289 for a "Standard" package? Thoughts MUCH appreciated.

http://www.legalzoom.com/limited-liability-company/limited-liability-company-pricing.html

I need to get this done within the next couple of months. LegalZoom advertises LLC formation for $100. Does anybody see a reason why I wouldn't want to use them? Also, is there a common sense reason why I should pay the $289 for a "Standard" package? Thoughts MUCH appreciated.

http://www.legalzoom...ny-pricing.html

Unless it comes with a 'Registered Agent of Service' and a bottle of vodka...I don't see the value. That being said, you may want to upgrade to the option of having a registered agent of service. Look it up if not familiar, there is value in that. As far as what company you should use it probably doesn't matter but I like these guys:

https://www.incorporate.com/

They have always treated my right and I like their back office tools.

Under a LLC you can have different ventures with the LLC as the Parent so to speak Joe Shmucks Vending Div of Big Guy LLC or some simular thing I lot of people run a couple of small ventures under an LLC. If your doing multi things and one of them ballons to major money then split it off into its own LLC and Insulate your other stuff so to speak. I have a modest amount of farmland and with the way land prices have jumped up the last several years I am to the point of setting it up into a LLC Just for protection of my personal assests from the faarm.

http://www.legalzoom.com/limited-liability-company/limited-liability-company-pricing.html

I own LLCs in Utah, Indiana and Illinois. As already mentioned, filing a DBA (assumed name) business on behalf of the LLC is easy, and is all you need to do to conduct your business in that name and accept checks/payments as that business.

I'm sure LegalZoom does a good job, but forming an LLC is usually pretty straightforward directly with the state. In Illinois, you can do it online.

The only reason I would personally advise against using LegalZoom, is the additional cost. The $100 is in addition to the fees you will have to pay the state.

You can also purchase an existing (or shelf) LLC, assuming you can verify it is free from liabilities and bad debt. That's what I usually do. Many (but not all) states allow already formed corporations and LLCs to domesticate to another state, too.

http://www.legalzoom...ny-pricing.html

That is their fee, you will also have to your state filing fee when you submit the paperwork.

Under a LLC you can have different ventures with the LLC as the Parent so to speak Joe Shmucks Vending Div of Big Guy LLC or some simular thing I lot of people run a couple of small ventures under an LLC. If your doing multi things and one of them ballons to major money then split it off into its own LLC and Insulate your other stuff so to speak. I have a modest amount of farmland and with the way land prices have jumped up the last several years I am to the point of setting it up into a LLC Just for protection of my personal assests from the faarm.

I'm in kind of the same boat with the land situation, however I'm protected under my homestead rights as long as it remains my primary residence. Do you have something like that in NEB?

That is their fee, you will also have to your state filing fee when you submit the paperwork.

I'm in kind of the same boat with the land situation, however I'm protected under my homestead rights as long as it remains my primary residence. Do you have something like that in NEB?

We might but we don't live on the farm. It is not my primary residance and we also rent it out to a famly member on a cash basis to farm.

Archived